Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3 wheeler pushchair recommendations pls

(8 Posts)
vicdubya Wed 02-Feb-05 21:31:28

Can I have any recommendations for a 3 wheeler pushchair / buggy please.

Need it to suit country walks and town shopping.

Good size & easily accessible shopping tray.

Easy to fit rainwear / cosy toes.

Adjustable handle height / highish handle, I am tall and hate stooping over buggies

Folds up reasonably small (fit average hatchback)

Not too heavy to lug about!

Oh yes, and under £200 pls!!

TIA

mummylonglegs Wed 02-Feb-05 21:35:04

It might be over your budget but my friend got a Jane one and it's great. I got a cheaper Mothercare one and it was way too big and heavy.

mumofthomas Wed 02-Feb-05 21:52:16

Not sure whether this would suit your purposes, but we bought a Graco Sterling TSB (4-wheeler) from Toys-R-Us (on sale for £150, normally £200 I think) and we're very happy with it. Light-weight, good suspension. I'm tall too, and feel really comfortable with it. It folds up very easily and fits into the back of our Vauxhall Astra. Swivel wheels make it really easy to handle all terrain. We also found the Mothercare 3-wheelers too bulky and wide. I've seen a few of the Jane 3-wheelers around - look great, but haven't tried it out - probably pricy too...Good luck hunting. It's best to go and try them out yourself - pick it up and fold it etc...easier to make up your mind that way...

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 21:55:33

some people are talking about the new quinney zap but i dont know if it would be any good for country walks.

oooggs Wed 02-Feb-05 22:18:35

My Jane powertrack is ace but doesn't fit all your points.

Great in town & country, we have off roaded a lot, shopping tray small, rainwear crap, cosy toes great but expensive and they will grow out of it before 2yrs old, Handle height is ace, DH 6'4" and thins it is well comfy, can fold up really small and flat if your take the wheels off - that bit is very easy and to get them back on again, not heavy at all. Poss under £200 not sure.

kikidee Thu 03-Feb-05 08:19:00

I also love my Jane but I'm pretty sure it's not under £200. However, you use it so much that I think it's worth spending to get a pushchair you love. I walked for miles with mine (no car) when on maternity leave. I'm tall and it suited me just fine.

chocfreeclary Thu 03-Feb-05 09:14:29

we've got an Instep Nipper, not sure if it fits all yr criteria but it is very light and folds a lot more easily than friends' 3-wheelers.
Cost £230 IIRC. Takes a buggy board (which was important to us at the time).
Handle not adjustible but are any?
worth a look, anyway.

LIZS Thu 03-Feb-05 10:59:06

The newest bigger relation to the Zapp which misdee mentioned is the Quinny Buzz. We had a Quinny Fashion 3 a few years ago and it was great for a little one as it went completely flat, seat reversible etc but a bit heavy to lift and not the most compact when folded. The Buzz seems to combine all the best features of its predecessors but the front swivel wheel looks a bit insubstantial for serious walking. The Freestyle has a chunkier swivel wheel but costs more than £200 but you may get a Speedi model under that which is a bit more compact. Have a look here for more info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now