Talk

Advanced search

I've seen some nice funky laundry baskets but can't remember where!

(25 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 08-Jul-08 22:42:47

Not so much funky really, more like just different to my old wicker lift up lid one!
I saw them on the internet recently but can't remember which website/company. There were three of them, squarish soft without lids. One said 'whites', one said 'darks' and I cant remember what the other one said.

Any ideas please?

TIA

mckenzie Wed 09-Jul-08 16:37:06

bump

ilovemydog Wed 09-Jul-08 21:01:22

john lewis?

fairy15 Wed 09-Jul-08 22:07:51

i'm sure i've seen that one in argos

JackieNo Wed 09-Jul-08 22:12:13

The one from argos?

JackieNo Wed 09-Jul-08 22:13:59

Triple laundry sorter (but no labels).

JackieNo Wed 09-Jul-08 22:14:38

A bit bunting and cupcakes?

JackieNo Wed 09-Jul-08 22:15:39

Dotty?

JackieNo Wed 09-Jul-08 22:17:48

How much?shockshock

Pannacotta Wed 09-Jul-08 22:22:20

This is really smart, but only one section
www.heals.co.uk/invt/504057&bklist=icat,5,shop,bathroom,bathroom,laundrybins

Lovingthepink Wed 09-Jul-08 22:25:05

The other one said delicates and they were three separate bins that stood together-are they the ones? I saw them but not sure where, will have a look...

mckenzie Wed 09-Jul-08 22:28:37

wow!! JackieNo - have I told you recent'ly how great you are? You've come up trumps for me before I'm sure only this time you've failed grin. On the right lines but they were free standing fabric things, a bit like toy tidy things I guess. The three of them standing next to each other would be about the width of an average double wardrobe I could guess. They were about 2/3 foot high and had big letters like the argos pair but they weren't on any rails or anything. Pannacotta - that's a bit too smart and not functional enough.
My plan is that I teach my DH and DCs well re sorting the dirties and then just take the relevant full tub down to the laundry room, empty it into the machine and return the empty thing upstairs.

Keep 'em coming please!

mckenzie Wed 09-Jul-08 22:29:46

hey, didn't see you message before I typed mine lovingthepink but that sounds exactly like the ones!!!! Quick., rack your brains, check your internet page history, please please

JackieNo Wed 09-Jul-08 22:30:37

Failedshock! Noooo sad.

grin.

mckenzie Wed 09-Jul-08 22:41:34

I'm so disappointed jackieno. Let's hope lovingthepink can come up trumps for me instead. Come on LTP, where are you??

Pannacotta Wed 09-Jul-08 22:44:55

Any of these
[[http://www.theholdingcompany.co.uk/SearchResults.asp?txtSearchString=laundry&andor=2]
Poor JackieNo, I think she is the most amazing product finder on MN!!

Pannacotta Wed 09-Jul-08 22:45:12

sorry
www.theholdingcompany.co.uk/SearchResults.asp?txtSearchString=laundry&andor=2

JackieNo Wed 09-Jul-08 22:48:46

Found a triple labelled one at Next (not convinced that link will work), but it's still on a stand, not freestanding bags.

JackieNo Wed 09-Jul-08 22:50:15

I'm liking Pannacotta's French ones. Doubly instructive for the DCsgrin.

mckenzie Thu 10-Jul-08 08:18:26

thanks for these extra replies and glad to see you're back in the running jackieno. Unfortunately, much as I love all the ones you are showing me they are not quite going to work. The laundry basket in our house is in the guest bedroom so the chrome stand just doesn't work (we have natural wood in there). I reallt do appreciate all the effort though. I'm determined to find the little blighters - I can picture them 100% just cannot for the life of me remember the website and my history has so much on it even for the last week.

Lovingthepink Fri 11-Jul-08 15:37:47

Sorry sorry - been too busy, will get to it right away!!!!! smile

Lovingthepink Fri 11-Jul-08 15:58:52

I am sure they were in John Lewis but not available now from this :-

Willow Linen Bins, Set of 3 - John Lewis
The pretty embroidered liners are fully washable (as delicates). Each bin is
labelled - Darks, Lights, Delicates. Special Purchase: These products offer ...
www.johnlewis.com/230478244/Product.aspx - 75k - Cached - Similar Page

But not 100% sure will still keep looking. I came across them looking for a cot duvet cover for dd.

Do you remember them being white? I thought they were white or light wicker with poss blue embroidery on them. Are they the ones you are looking for?

wontbepreggersagain Fri 11-Jul-08 16:01:15

bound to be something in lakeland!

Lovingthepink Fri 11-Jul-08 16:10:44

I've looked in Lakeland!!! It was in a random store where I just came across them, showed dh, he said no and so I moved on!!!!!

mckenzie Fri 11-Jul-08 22:55:48

thank you LTP, that's got to be them. I;m going to call JL tomorrow and see if they still have them in the stores.
lakeland didn't have any wontbe but thanks for the suggestion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now