Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have one of those silicone oven mitts?

(12 Posts)
CantSleepWontSleep Tue 08-Jul-08 21:49:57

These things?

If so, are they any good? Totally heat proof?
Still able to move your hand when wearing it? Need one or two?

Thanks

FruitynNutty Tue 08-Jul-08 21:55:20

great but in a small kitchen like ours, unless you have a hook to put them on, they get in the way and they don't fold up. TK maxx have them. I like them. Sometimes hard to grip things though as they're quite rigid. I have two.

FruitynNutty Tue 08-Jul-08 21:56:23

totally heat prof too, you'll be nervous when you 1st use them but they're absolutely fine smile

bodiddly Tue 08-Jul-08 22:05:36

my mum was given one for christmas - I find it a bit tricky to get a good grip sometimes but that maybe because she only has one!

Friendlypizzaeater Tue 08-Jul-08 22:06:34

I love mine - though tend not to use it when LO is watching in cse he thinks he can pick up hot trays !

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 08-Jul-08 22:09:58

That's my concern bodiddly. I've tried them on in shops before now and not felt happy with them, but my coolskin ones are starting to not work so well, so I thought maybe they'd complement.

Totally heat proof is very reassuring Fruity.

BexieID Wed 09-Jul-08 00:07:12

Morrisons do them for a fiver. I keep looking at them thinking we really need an oven glove, but am too scared to get one, lol.

MuffinMclay Wed 09-Jul-08 09:21:34

We have a couple. Dh loves them, I don't. My hands are a bit small for them and I feel like I'm going to drop whatever I'm holding.

Also very annoying to store.

Definitely heat proof though.

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Wed 09-Jul-08 20:54:36

try these ones here they are flexible and easy to use. I have these and I find them brilliant, except when ds wanders off with them when I am cooking. He puts them on his feet and calls them 'duck duck feet'...lol

expatinscotland Wed 09-Jul-08 20:59:46

what muffin said.

we had one and freecycled it.

RegenerAitch Wed 09-Jul-08 21:06:09

unless you have ginormous man hands then avoid like the plague. absolute bollocks imo that they are so big, when they know their customers are men. angry

WilfSell Wed 09-Jul-08 21:08:19

Yes! I did a thread worshipping them just the other day. I heart them VERY much: they are more heatproof than you can imagine. I do have man hands though.

And they do look like weird sex toys (or is that just me grin?)

And you do need a hook

And your children will steal them to play, er, Orcas.

But apart from that they are brilliant...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now