Talk

Advanced search

Who has got a comfy bed? Come and tell me all about it, please

(22 Posts)
hunkermunker Mon 07-Jul-08 23:49:37

Mine is giving me backache and headaches and all sorts of aches.

Ideally I'd like one for about a quid, since I have no money at all, but tell me about more expensive ones so I can save up while I creak through the days on my poor, aching bones.

TIA.

OverMyDeadBody Mon 07-Jul-08 23:52:14

I only have a mattress, rather than a bed, but it is super king size and very comfy. It is a sprung mattress which I was sceptical about first, having alwauys had foam ones before, but I love it. It was a case of my trying out all the matresses till I foubd one that I thought was comfy though, so that's your best bet. It was from John Lewis in the sale.

claricebeansmum Mon 07-Jul-08 23:53:35

Slatted bed from Ikea.
Sprung mattress.
Mattress topper.

Lovely grin

hunkermunker Mon 07-Jul-08 23:54:03

So you have a mattress on the floor? Futon-esque? Sounds v comfy.

My problem is that if I go and try mattresses out, I either have boys who want to jump on my head with me, or if they're not with me, I'll fall asleep on a display bed and end up with my photo in the free papers.

hunkermunker Mon 07-Jul-08 23:54:37

I have a slatted bed, mattress and topper from Ikea currently... It is elderly though - prob 12 years old?

OverMyDeadBody Tue 08-Jul-08 00:10:14

lol I would fall asleep too.

Yes, it is just on the floor futonesque stylee, so a nice solid base.

OverMyDeadBody Tue 08-Jul-08 00:10:48

mhhh yes probably time for a replacement then!

WendyWeber Tue 08-Jul-08 00:16:14

I have a v nice mattress from MFI, hunker - cost more than a quid though sad. Old one was an ancient futon & I used to wake up stiff as a board, couldn't get my knickers on until lunchtime!

this one - it is sooooo comfortable smile

The base is a wooden frame, also from MFI, hang on...no, they don't do it any more. this sort of thing though (No footboard so I can hang the feet on the ends of my unfeasibly long legs off the end)

WendyWeber Tue 08-Jul-08 00:18:07

This mattress looks quite a lot like mine but half the price...

littlelapin Tue 08-Jul-08 00:22:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OverMyDeadBody Tue 08-Jul-08 00:30:44

one day, when I am rich, I will buy a memory foam mattress.

hunkermunker Tue 08-Jul-08 00:38:22

envy of unfeasibly long legs.

Memory foam - is it really comfy? It's foam though - foam? Isn't it sweaty? <thinks> Wabbit didn't look sweaty when I saw her. Refreshed and bouncy, in fact - I shall investigate memory foam grin

DirtySexyMummy Tue 08-Jul-08 00:42:04

I have memory foam. Its amazing.

Everyone who lies on my bed cannot believe the comfort.. some have likened it to sleeping on a cloud. I agree. grin

combustiblelemon Tue 08-Jul-08 00:43:56

Really? I loathe memory foam mattresses. DH tried to persuade me that we should have one. He settled for a memory foam pillow instead! Every mattress I tried in Dreams was too soft.

We ended up getting a lovely firm sprung mattress from Benson's. This is probably because my bed from leaving the cot until the age of 15 had an orthopaedic mattress.

<<wanders off rambling about mother making me wear fitted clarks shoes until the age of 14>>

WendyWeber Tue 08-Jul-08 00:45:04

(Nah, don't waste your envy, hunker - you don't want them, honest, I am 6' tall and 15 stone grin)

WendyWeber Tue 08-Jul-08 00:45:28

(I could probably take on Chris Eubank in fact)

zippitippitoes Tue 08-Jul-08 00:53:16

omg bf has some godforsaken mattress must be from freecycle and one side mine has the worast pointy sprinbgs and the vwhole thing is shite

i have been working on this for what seems like months

WilfSell Tue 08-Jul-08 07:14:22

memory foam deffo: I have not woken up with aches, pains, stiff neck or hip aching since I had it while pregnant with DS3. There is no substitute, even if expensive: it is WORTH the expense.

You can sometimes buy on interest free credit if you're really broke.

It is a bit warmer than a normal mattress but you compensate by being completely starkers...

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 08-Jul-08 07:29:51

We have Tempur memory foam ones in all rooms (except dd's). Bring the boys to play in the holidays and you can have a proper test of them .

Mutt Tue 08-Jul-08 07:35:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

janmoomoo Thu 10-Jul-08 22:24:30

Memory foam on the top of a sprung mattress is the total business. We upgraded recently and it is heaven. Quite a lot of people told me that a complete memory foam mattress is very hot and sweaty so we didnt go for that. Ours was from Dreams and I LOVE it!

bogie Thu 10-Jul-08 22:26:06

We have got a super king size bed with a memory foam mattress and it only cost us £500 from an ebay shop he listed loads and we snapped that one up its soo comfy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now