Talk

Advanced search

Help, does anyone have a dyson with a washable Hepa filter?

(14 Posts)
Lowryn Wed 02-Feb-05 10:01:58

I've lost my manual and realised that I have never washed my Hepa filter.
I pulled it out, but now what do I do?

littlemissbossy Wed 02-Feb-05 10:19:02

you can download info for your particular model from www.dyson.co.uk
HTH

JanH Wed 02-Feb-05 10:20:28

Well I am v impressed, because I just can't get mine out! (so it will have to stay filthy!)

I will go and find my manual in a min but from memory you wash it and let it dry (under a radiator or something?) for 24 hours.

purpleturtle Wed 02-Feb-05 10:21:24

Take it apart (sponge out of plastic) and rinse both under cold water. Squeeze water out of sponge until water runs clear. Then leave both parts to dry for at least 12 hours before putting back into machine. Supposed to be done every 6 months.

Lowryn Wed 02-Feb-05 10:28:38

Arggghhh! I should have hoovered before I rinsed the damn thing 12hrs to dry!
I was hoping it said machine wash and tumble dry!
Thank you for finding out for me

JanH Wed 02-Feb-05 10:38:21

OK, Lowryn and purpleturtle, please tell me how you get the bugger out in the first place! Does it twist or is there a catch or something?

Lowryn Wed 02-Feb-05 10:44:34

Mine had a tag attached like you might find in a pair of socks hanging in a shop.
In the manual on line it shows you a way of getting it out underwater...

Lowryn Wed 02-Feb-05 10:45:20

Oh do you mean opening the hatch it lives in?

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 10:46:29

i have never cleaned mine, have had it 4/5yrs now. oops.

JanH Wed 02-Feb-05 10:50:26

I think I mean the hatch, Lowryn - the filter is inside a plastic drum thing? In my manual it looks as if you take the drum out but maybe you open the drum and the filter is inside a plastic housing? (I need someone to come here and do it for me!)

I couldn't find the manual online either! Only a copy of the actual paper one to buy at £2.50...not doing very well today...somebody do me a link please? (Or tell me what heading I want on the Dyson page.)

Lowryn Wed 02-Feb-05 10:59:32

Jan look \link[http://www.dyson.co.uk/aftersales/help.asp?article_id=32&hist=,,1\here} at the dyson page and click on the DC04 user thingy.
If you don't have this model look back at the customer services bit and pick your model.

Lowryn Wed 02-Feb-05 11:00:09

Oops

here

Lowryn Wed 02-Feb-05 11:00:43

Basically though if you push the arrows on the top and pull it seemed to work

JanH Wed 02-Feb-05 11:02:01

THANK YOU, Lowryn! Have found the right page now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now