Talk

Advanced search

Are those expensive steam generator irons any good or are they not really worth it?

(12 Posts)
Hopeysgirlwasntbig Mon 07-Jul-08 11:51:59

Have always wondered. Our iron's very poorly after being dropped by DH this morning!

I've seen this one in Argos, it's half price.

What do you think?

Hopeysgirlwasntbig Mon 07-Jul-08 12:02:02

bump

girlandboy Mon 07-Jul-08 12:05:47

I've got a Challenge Steam generator iron, and just an ordinary steam iron. The generator iron gets used the most. It seems to have far more steam power, and irons both sides of the garment at once. It "blasts" the steam right through.
I think it's really good!!!

Hopeysgirlwasntbig Mon 07-Jul-08 12:15:37

thanks girlandboy smile

micci25 Mon 07-Jul-08 12:17:12

i love mine! i get through the ironing much quicker. as gab said it does both sides at once and you spend much less time filling it up!

also steam power is much higher so creases iron out far easier.

lulumama Mon 07-Jul-08 12:17:47

i bought one similar to this, a morphy richards one, but it was reduced from £120 to £35 or something ... it is excellent, i am really pleased with it. it is noisier than a regular iron but is better at getting creases out and it is quicker too.

girlandboy Mon 07-Jul-08 12:22:25

Ah yes lulu - forgot about the noise! Sounds like a steam train with all the whooshing.

Takenoprisoners Mon 07-Jul-08 12:24:48

I bought a Domotec one, but it broke after a few months and I haven't bothered replacing it. Okay, they get the creases out well, but they can be diff. to manoeuvre, with the heavy base unit etc, which really needs to be on a kitchen surface/unit, rather than ironing board, as it makes it unsteady, then there's not much cord left etc etc. Bit of a faff, I thought. I'm sticking with my regular steam one.

Hopeysgirlwasntbig Mon 07-Jul-08 15:04:57

thanks everyone so far. lulumama WHERE DID YOU FIND SUCH A BARGAIN/???!!!!!! WOW!

BosworthBear Thu 10-Jul-08 10:44:01

It was the on the Murphy Richard own webiste, pink only was reduced to c.£32 - have to say its great!!

saythatagain Thu 10-Jul-08 10:47:31

I bought a Simac many months ago after asking the advice of fellow mumsnetters, t'was expensive but by jingos, its flipping fantastic!

Hopeysgirlwasntbig Thu 10-Jul-08 17:41:09

update, I bought the one in Argos AND IT'S FANTASTIC!!!! Unbelievably fast!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now