Talk

Advanced search

Eyelash curlers - do you use them?

(18 Posts)
prunegirl Tue 01-Feb-05 20:18:02

Message withdrawn

brinkley Tue 01-Feb-05 20:21:15

hell yes

good one to buy - go to space NK (have mail order too)

and no, they only make you look weird if you are over zealous and pull out all your eyelashes accidentally

paolosgirl Tue 01-Feb-05 20:22:45

I couldn't live without mine - I have the manual ones and the best heated ones ever. Ruby and Millie sell them for £20 in Boots, but you can buy the same ones direct from Oakwood Remedies on the internet for £13. They are fab fab fab.

Branster Tue 01-Feb-05 23:50:44

yes. but only because my mum had some and when i was a little girl i used spend hours playing with all the stuff at her dressing table (jewlerry, make-up etc). she in fact never used hers! I on the other hand went out and bought my own when i was about 18. DD says they're scissors and always screams at me in a very worried voice to be very careful mummy when i put make up and get to the eyelash curlers stage. I didn't know heated ones existed but i won't go and buy them.

HunkerMunker Tue 01-Feb-05 23:54:11

I use them - just be very careful if you're absentminded - I once took them away from my eye without 'unclamping'... [OUCH emoticon]

Branster Tue 01-Feb-05 23:57:47

Ouch HM!

sallystrawberry Wed 02-Feb-05 00:09:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lulupop Wed 02-Feb-05 08:49:05

shu uemura are the best ones, available from department stores.

charlie01 Wed 02-Feb-05 08:57:27

I use them every day without fail, I look really weird/tired with straight eyelashes! I just use any old cheapo metal ones. I do find that "wet" mascaras ruin the effect though. My eyelashes curl really easily so heated ones make them go a bit crazy.

BubblesDeVere Wed 02-Feb-05 09:00:17

I used heated ones from Avon and they are fab, I can't wear mascara without using them.

woodpops Wed 02-Feb-05 09:19:03

I've got heated ones as well. Can anyone use eyelash curlers without having their mouth wide open? I know I can't

BubblesDeVere Wed 02-Feb-05 12:57:05

Woodpops, I think I've FINALLY grasped the concept of curling my eyelashes without

LipstickMum Wed 02-Feb-05 13:00:38

I use them when I wear mascara i.e. before going out, they really do the trick. Don't have heated ones though. I think mine are from the Body Shop..? And yes, I find it impossible to keep my mouth shut during the curling process!

kolakube Wed 02-Feb-05 13:09:48

When I was a little girl I'd wet my eyes and scrunch them up really tight to make the lashes curl. Vaguely remember it working.....

woodpops Wed 02-Feb-05 13:18:29

Go on then bubbles ........ what's the tip?? I still lol

BubblesDeVere Wed 02-Feb-05 15:41:56

LOL Woodpops, don't really know, though I cannot resist when putting mascara on and sneezing like a mad sneezing thing when I pluck my eyebrows. Thats why I have my brows waxed.

woodpops Wed 02-Feb-05 15:50:55

You can't beat a good old waxing of the eye brows can you. It's l;ovely when they put the warm wax on. But you know it's gonna be followed by a sharp pain and mege watery eyes

BubblesDeVere Thu 03-Feb-05 14:09:50

I think the best part of having eyebrows waxed is when they put the soothing balm on afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now