Talk

Advanced search

If you have bought or are going to buy a Bugaboo Cameleon....................

(40 Posts)
pootleflump Sun 06-Jul-08 18:15:47

What colour combination do you have/want?

There's so much choice I'm struggling. smile

pootleflump Sun 06-Jul-08 19:49:46

Someone must have or at least want one surely? smile

MatNanPlus Sun 06-Jul-08 19:55:47

Have used sand and orange .. nice

sand and cream .. scrummy

black and pink .. ick wink not into pink

black and green .. ok

red seems to be everywhere hmm

ManhattanMama Sun 06-Jul-08 19:57:42

Dark Grey and Sand here.

Red is very popular, as is orange here in New York, where everybody has a Bugaboo.

giddykipper Sun 06-Jul-08 19:59:05

I have black and orange. Looks really good.

pootleflump Sun 06-Jul-08 19:59:39

I really like the sand and cream - just don't know how practical it'd be.

Have only seen black and orange, but sand/orange sounds nice. Actually think I've only seen black/green as well- must take a look at sand/green.

Definitely won't be red- dh wouldn't allow it!

ScottishMummy Sun 06-Jul-08 20:00:34

i like the versatility of Cameleon, and ability to change fabric colour and wash them

Look at this page bugaboo colour choser - shows all the combinations

Tutter Sun 06-Jul-08 20:01:54

i had black and dark grey...

...which piffle now has grin

pattymc Sun 06-Jul-08 20:05:50

I have sand and dark grey which is VERY popular in my parts but it does look nice. would rather be original but it's my favourite combo and I also like orange. lots of reds around here too.

pootleflump Sun 06-Jul-08 20:06:23

Ooh, thanks Scottishmummy. I think I like the grey/sand combo.

pootleflump Sun 06-Jul-08 20:07:22

Oh xposts patty! That must be a sign...

MatNanPlus Sun 06-Jul-08 20:11:42

Cream washes well so easy to keep in tip top condition wink

ScottishMummy Sun 06-Jul-08 20:12:17

i like most combination's but did double take at red base pink top. too vivid

fymandbean Sun 06-Jul-08 20:14:56

I bought red/black so it was easier to sell on! Looks good as well....

PS pls remember you will only use this for 1st year at most and will also need a mclaren buggy as it is very heavy and cumbersome (like all travel systems). I am just keeping it for next baby to be out of the pram then will flog mine and use the McLaren again - so much easier wink

ScottishMummy Sun 06-Jul-08 20:18:53

i dont think you need to discard the cameleon for a bone rattling maclaren trolley at all.

pootleflump Sun 06-Jul-08 20:32:57

Oh! I was expecting to use the pushchair part for a couple of years, though it probably makes sense to sell it after 12-18 months to get some money back.

ScottishMummy Sun 06-Jul-08 20:48:02

i bought cameleon specifically because of big air tyres an all terrain etc so no wont be swopping for maclaren etc.wont suit my needs. Bug hold resale value so i expect to use until 3-4yrs when lo will walk more

i Do have quinny zapp for flying (don't trust baggage handler throwing my cameleon around), and can carry on as hand luggage. BUT tbh i hate the zapp rattly and prone to tipping over

onelittlelion Sun 06-Jul-08 21:24:32

I have had charcoal/black, charcoal/red and sand/sand. I like the grey bases best and they go with most fabrics I think if you'd like to change them later. I loved my bug and only sold t get a mountain buggy as it was more comfy for ds coming up to 2 as we do lots of walking and sleeping!

thetoothlessfairy Sun 06-Jul-08 21:31:24

I've got grey/sand. Sand gets a bit grubby

scorpio1 Sun 06-Jul-08 21:35:26

I have all denim. Love it.

hf128219 Sun 06-Jul-08 21:36:59

Black and dark grey - understated wink

NorthernLurker Sun 06-Jul-08 21:39:39

I have all blue which I think is lovely. I got a pink foor muff as I have a girl and I think that looked pretty fab as well! Oh and btw the Cam is NOT heavy or cumbersome hmm

hf128219 Sun 06-Jul-08 21:44:35

Yes, agree - Bugs are not heavy or cumbersome at all, I find it a doddle.

fymandbean Sun 06-Jul-08 21:55:46

oh yes they are heavy and cumbersome - not to push (they are super when walking out of the front door) but definitely to put in a car! I ended up selling my trusty Ford Ka as I couldn't get it in the boot and got fed up of putting it on the front seathmm. Also it was in two bits so difficult to 'nip' anywhere with it. The McLaren is half the weight and much smaller folded - sooo much easier if you are in the car or on a bus or a plane.

I loved it though for walking out when my DS was small but soon as he hit a year and was less prone to sleep when we were out I'm afraid it was McLaren all the way!

I'd still recommend it though! I loved it for the 1st 12 months....

Red/Black
Orange/Black
Yellow/Black are my favorites

hf128219 Sun 06-Jul-08 22:03:24

I must be strong then - still find it easy to get in and out of car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now