Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Your suggestions for a knockout black tie dress please

(9 Posts)
lulupop Tue 01-Feb-05 17:42:39

Have a black tie do coming up. I have no black tie dress. Looked at the Designers at Debenhams range but nothing I like. I don't want to wear black (makes me look half dead). Any ideas on where to look for something lovely?

crunchie Tue 01-Feb-05 17:44:08

Monsoon still have their sale on 70% off. They have some great bargains for Black tie

franch Tue 01-Feb-05 17:45:41

I found my ultimate Xmas party dress at ASOS.com . Great value too

Gwenick Tue 01-Feb-05 17:45:55

I used to lover River Island, also John Lewis, and have a look and see if you're got any small, independent local shops - used to live near one years ago that did fabulous stuff (sadly always closed years ago LOL)

crunchie Tue 01-Feb-05 17:54:25

Here too ;)

lulupop Tue 01-Feb-05 18:55:14

Mosnsoon do do nice dresses but I always find if I wear one to an occasion, there's always someone else wearing it too! So I tend not to go there any more.

We do have a lovely boutique in town but it's more the Missoni end of the market and my budget won't stretch that far.

I'd like to pop up to London for the day, but need to do some "targetted shopping" ie know where I'm going to look beforehand so as not to waste time.

lowcalCOD Tue 01-Feb-05 18:55:57

try pahse eight?

dawnie1 Tue 01-Feb-05 19:01:19

Lulupop - TKMax do fantastic designer evening wear at really good prices. They have the most gorgeous dresses, some really glamorous and some really plain but stylish. For the last 3 Christmases I have gone to my local TKMAx and they have a really good choice - my last dress was a no sleeves, fitted bodice, long flowing skirt, pearl coloured gorgoeous dress which was reduced from 139 quid to 25 quid. Try there if you have one local to you.

lulupop Wed 02-Feb-05 08:50:27

oooh yes we have a phase 8 in town so I can pop in there later.

sadly no tk maxx though i think there's one near my parents (in salisbury) so I could look next time i visit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now