Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you buy one of these - triple bunk beds.......

(8 Posts)
Gwenick Tue 01-Feb-05 14:07:00

Just been looking online for kids bunkbeds, don't want a 'bog standard' Argos type one - want something a bit different. We're in no rush as DS2 is still in his cot.

Anyhow, while browsing online found this

http://www.justclickbeds.com/docs/chp62.htm

A TRIPLE bunk bed - it look fab - BUT I'd have quite big reservations about sticking a child on the top of their - obviously an older child (ie 10 and over) 'might' be ok - but by the age that they'd be suitable (in my opinoin) to go on the very top bunk I would have though most parents would be thinking about the possibility of giving the older child a room of their own??? Also is it me or does it look like there's not much room for the 'middle' person to get into bed???

Gem13 Tue 01-Feb-05 14:08:21

There was some research recently about problems with dustmites, asthma and bunk beds. Not great for the child on the bottom one.

Sorry can't remember any more than that!

Gwenick Tue 01-Feb-05 14:14:26

oh well - tough - we're still getting one LOL. I was on the bottom bunk for a very long time (nearly 7yrs) while my asthmatic (and was before I was even born) big brother slept on the top one

I'm hoping to get ones that seperate so that when we move to a house with a warmer 3rd bedroom (ours is soo cold we discovered after moving in that it's not really suitable for a 4yr old with a tendency to chest infections to sleep in) they can have 'seperates'

Mind you that same website with the triple bunk on has some fabulous 'themed' beds which I'm kind of tempted to at the moment (although completely inpractical as they'll grow out of them in a few years time LOL)

scotlou Tue 01-Feb-05 14:15:53

Wow! Just as well we've already bought our two cabin beds - if my ds had seen the kids beds on this site there is no way he'd have been happy with his boring one!!

misdee Tue 01-Feb-05 14:16:13

my dd1+2 will have to have bunkbeds later on this year due to the size of their bedroom (9ft by 8ft) but am gonna look at getting a full matress cover (like a giant pillowcase) which is allergy friendly.

Gwenick Tue 01-Feb-05 14:18:44

I know their's some lovely beds hey scotlou - just been looking at the 'cabin' beds - very handy having so much storage underneath - no room in their bedroom at the moment - but I guess if they had storage some of their 'current' storage could go

LIZS Tue 01-Feb-05 14:19:53

We have Flexa cabin beds -not triple height though!

scotlou Tue 01-Feb-05 14:28:05

Cabin beds are a great invention as there is so much storage underneath. With the ones we've got there are some deep shelves and a deep cupboard - great for toys - but there is also storage underneath the bed behind the cupboards which I find really useful for spare quilts etc. Kids can also have a den there when they are playing!
Only thing is, when we got the one for ds (5) dh insisted on geting dd one at the same time so they are the same. She's only 2!! It means she'll probbaly need to stay in her cot for ages - or I'll need to put her mattress on the floor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now