Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone NOT have a trendy pushchair?

(132 Posts)
Tinker Tue 01-Feb-05 12:26:01

Mine’s 8 years old and am planning to use it for new baby. Do I have to prepare myself for being openly laughed at?

<<Don’t even know what a bugaboo looks lie >>

bundle Tue 01-Feb-05 12:27:38

v untrendy is fine - it's the wannabe ones that get sniggered at (in norf london anyway)
(i personally snigger at bugaboos - or mugaboos, who've spent £500 on a pramm ffs!)

misdee Tue 01-Feb-05 12:29:44

with my dd's i had just basic prams, not very trendy. but i have splashed out this time on an e3 as i feel that spending near on £200 on a tandem for 6months use was silly, so spent a bit more and can now use it for longer.

but bugaboos are very popular, too popular for my tastes lol.

sansouci Tue 01-Feb-05 12:29:52

I swear by Graco & they're definitely untrendy!

Beansmum Tue 01-Feb-05 12:31:20

I have a boring maclaren. brilliant though and I intend to make it last through at least one more baby.

misdee Tue 01-Feb-05 12:32:11

i also have a maclaren triumph. very practical and worn out. dd2 loves it, as mieow will testify that as today dd2 ran to it yelling 'my buggy' and gave it a 'cuddle'

Lowryn Tue 01-Feb-05 12:32:26

I have a battered maclaren. If I pushed something posh and trendy around people would assume that I had nicked it

Twinkie Tue 01-Feb-05 12:32:31

Have a M&P pilko - not trendy but terribly practical - saw a woman with one of those high ones like its on a long stick the other day - looked rideculous and her baby just screamed (obviously objected to being a fashion accessory!!) whilst mine sat there happy as a fish in a pond in his comfy normal pushchair!!

sansouci Tue 01-Feb-05 12:34:28

LOL Lowryn!

wilbur Tue 01-Feb-05 12:34:30

My Graco travel system and Mothercare buggy have been absolutely fine and as far as I know, no one has laughed at me. Excpet when I get stuck in a doorway due to not looking where I am going.

nailpolish Tue 01-Feb-05 12:36:18

i have a new pushchair

it was £120 in toys r us but i got it for £60

bargain! and i love it

weightwatchingwaterwitch Tue 01-Feb-05 12:37:26

Tinks sweetie, but they've changed soooo much since you had dd, they're much better and lighter and easier to fold and in every way, you deserve a new one! The McLaren ones are only ninety odd quid and you'll notice the difference, honestly. Mind you, I partly got a new one because the old 7yo one was in the loft and we couldn't be arsed to go and get it. Why don't you go and have a look in Mothercare or somewhere and see what you think? Maybe you won't agree with me about the changes?

weightwatchingwaterwitch Tue 01-Feb-05 12:38:12

What type is your old one Tinks?

jessicasmummy Tue 01-Feb-05 12:38:25

mine is a mothercare travel system.... not trendy. also got the mothercare "princess" buggy for the car.

tunise Tue 01-Feb-05 12:38:34

A women i know is planning on spending over £350 on a pram, (which she cannot afford.) That's madness. Actually i think the whole keeping up the Jones's in the pram stakes is quite a chav thing to do.
If you want to use the old one then do.

starlover Tue 01-Feb-05 12:38:38

i have a new pram for baby, but it isn't a trendy one.. it's a lovely big babystyle arrue.
It may not look like it's from space, but it's going to be nice and comfy for baby!

sansouci Tue 01-Feb-05 12:40:38

Actually, I'm thinking of getting a new one. Maybe not a Graco but definitely something lightweight, small, convenient... ds is 18 mos. in 2 weeks & is still NOT WALKING! Any suggestions?

weightwatchingwaterwitch Tue 01-Feb-05 12:41:38

McLaren Quest is excellent imo soucci. You don't need the XT imo since you presumably don't need a from birth one.

sansouci Tue 01-Feb-05 12:42:54

wwww, would it be easy to take on a plane (in the hold, of course)?

Frizbe Tue 01-Feb-05 12:43:12

dd has ss's old mothercare one, its blue n green with a very squeaky wheel (no matter how much oil is added!) looks grotty as hell,(green doesn't clean well) but it works and you can leave it outside the front door without it getting nicked!

Roobie Tue 01-Feb-05 12:43:23

DD gets carted around in a M&P Pliko. She has been in it from birth and, although it is starting to look a bit worse for wear there is plenty of life in it yet. Indeed when new baby arrives in April (dd will be 3 then)it will be used again with a buggy board.
I've never really seen the attraction in these massive clunky travel systems and trendy 3-wheelers - everyone seems to end up buying a further lightweight buggy after a few months anyway - a waste of cash in my book!

misdee Tue 01-Feb-05 12:43:33

the triumph is smaller and lighter.

nailpolish Tue 01-Feb-05 12:43:52

the one i got in toys r us is still in the sale - its very good, suitable from 3 mths (although i did use it earlier )

was £120 now £60 if anyone is interested, ill do a link

weightwatchingwaterwitch Tue 01-Feb-05 12:44:44

it's here reduced to £70 Tinks! Sansoucci, don't know but that pic should have measurements.

weightwatchingwaterwitch Tue 01-Feb-05 12:45:53

sansoucci, there are LOTS of pushchair experts on mumsnet, some of them have owned a million different types, so I expect they can answer better than I can. Start a thread, you'll get loads of responses I bet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now