Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Replacement Mclaren Raincover?

(8 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Sun 30-Jan-05 20:25:25

I have a Mclaren pram - one of their 3 months + ones, bought three years ago. It still works pretty well, and I don't want a new one. I do however want a new raincover, as DS1 kicked through the old one.

I'd rather not get a "universal" raincover, as the old one really really fit it. I guess I could look in used shops for the same model, and just salvage the raincover from it, but surely there's got to be a way to get a replacement one from Mclaren? And if so, why can't I find them online? Help!

LIZS Sun 30-Jan-05 20:27:46

Try here . Customer services were pretty good when I needed a new spring for the closing clip on ours.

jane313 Sun 30-Jan-05 20:29:18

maclaren

God I know I'm bored at work when I'm tryign to answer everyones queries; I've done toddler activities and books for 7 year olds.

No idea if you can get replacemnt raincovers but I bought an accesory pack ofr a volo which had a raincover in it, not sure if they fit all of them though

madgirl Sun 30-Jan-05 21:25:26

def you can buy replacement covers. where do you live notquitecockney?

NotQuiteCockney Sun 30-Jan-05 21:29:08

I'm in East London. I've found a list of service agents on the Mclaren uk website, hopefully one of them will be able to help. I think our buggy is a Triumph, but they've since changed the style a bit? Gah.

The sunshade thing is a bit broken, too, but not enough to stop working, really.

lowcalCOD Sun 30-Jan-05 21:29:53

think I have one, it spretty ancient but you could scrub it
I mean it not dirty just hgas sat inteh back of the car
will look tomorrow

puddle Sun 30-Jan-05 21:30:56

Warning - I had to get a replacement hood from McC which cost almost as much as the buggy did

NotQuiteCockney Sun 30-Jan-05 21:35:40

Really, Cod? That would be lovely. Your lot are entirely out of buggies now?

puddle, I think the hood is ok as is. I do look at the pram, knackered as it is, and think, maybe I want a new one ... but really, the functional bits are all ok, and do I really care about it looking a bit grotty?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: