Talk

Advanced search

Group 0 Isofix Car Seats

(9 Posts)
006 Sun 30-Jan-05 14:06:34

I understand there is a new type of car seat for newborns that uses the Isofix fixing in some cars. I have tried out the Britax one and it seems brilliant, but the Britax pushchairs that it fits on are a bit bulky.

I believe there is is new Maxi-Cosi version coming out that will fit on a Quinny Zapp which is tiny.

Has anyone seen/tried them out or know when they are going to be available? I am not sure I have time to wait for them to be on sale before baby arrives!

I think they may be more widespread in Europe in case anyone has experience of them there!

Thanks

misdee Sun 30-Jan-05 14:12:13

cant you just get a seperate pushchair anyway?

btw the britax one is a lot cheaper at kiddicare.

006 Sun 30-Jan-05 14:14:29

I need something for part of the school run (this is baby no 3). We have a proper pram and a tandem already, so I really just want something to pop the car seat on for that quick dash without waking the munchkin! I know that carrying the car seat around with a 2yo and a 5yo just is not going to work!

misdee Sun 30-Jan-05 14:17:05

do they just do the frames? ie, no pushchair.

LIZS Sun 30-Jan-05 15:05:24

Neither of the current Maxi Cosi infant carriers Cabrio and Citi)on their European website are Isofix compatible but you can buy clips to put them on either a Quinny or Maxi Cosi Stroller - chassis not sold separately though afaik..

006 Sun 30-Jan-05 16:35:50

Britax just sell a frame at £120 or so, but I think that is more limited in lifespan than an actual buggy. I have been given a printed brochure which shows the Isofix Cabrio, but no price, launch date or contact point on the (pants)website. The Qunny Zapp by contrast has a groovy website with funky music. I know it should not influence me, and yet...

I am just trying to work out whether I can hang on for it, or need to feel I have actually got prepared for this baby!

misdee Sun 30-Jan-05 16:36:32

when is bubs due?

LIZS Sun 30-Jan-05 16:51:34

Can you ring Dorel (UK Distributor ) and ask ? Isofix kids seats really don't seem that big in this part of Europe (Switzerland) though many new cars have the fittings - the only one I know of on the market is the Roemer (Britax) Duo - but my youngest is 3 so may be out of the loop for newer developments as it were.

006 Mon 31-Jan-05 17:54:29

Have called Britax direct as have decided I need a pushchair that will accommodate a newborn as well as the car seat (that should save taking pram on hols!). They seem to supply via Stork Talk (I love the name) and were able to answer all my questions.

So FWIW, I think this is a good route for anyone who wants an Isofix Group 0. I was v impressed by the fit.

Of course, baby (due April) will spend the first 5 years of life in hand me downs! Boy or girl - I'll pay for therapy later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now