Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Toy question - Anyone remember those non-sticky transparent stickers that came with a board/book ?

(14 Posts)
NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 30-Jan-05 12:46:31

What were they called and can you still buy them in the uk ?

Do you even know what I'm on about ?! Similar principle to fuzzy felt, but they weren't fuzzy or made of felt !

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 30-Jan-05 12:47:43

DD is obsessed with stickers but it's costing me a fortune and is v wasteful, IMO. These transaperent 'stickers' were ones that you could reposition. Totally reusable.

lulupop Sun 30-Jan-05 12:54:34

you can still get them... in loads of places. We have some which are TV character-themed (Postman Pat, ANgelina, etc), and we got those from a local toy shop. Then, we also have some Disney ones from the Disney Store. Also, there are the Imaginetics things, which are similar - a board, with character magnets. We've got the Mr Men one (you can get these on Amazon).

Casmie Sun 30-Jan-05 12:56:29

Not sure but ds1 got given a postman pat book like that last year sometime. Have to confess though, that they still don't last long - they don't always peel back up perfectly (especially if the shape is complicated - an arm can easily get ripped off) - but it did last longer than normal stickers.

Can't tell you whether it's more or less wasteful than stickers, to be honest. You can get really quite cheap huge boxes of stickers at places like Woolies and I don't think the books would be that cheap (ours was a gift so I can't say for sure).

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 30-Jan-05 12:58:33

@ my spelling of transparent

I meant wasteful from an environmental pov really, as opposed to a cash one.

Casmie Sun 30-Jan-05 13:00:00

No, I realised that after I posted! Still don't know though. Depends how much the story gets read afterwards even without stickers (with ours we just got whiney tantrums about how much he wanted the stickers back for it, so the book was quietly "lost" after a while)

Casmie Sun 30-Jan-05 13:00:55

Hit post too early... what I meant was, in terms of paper output, there was probably far more in the book that finally got stuck in paper recycling than a few thousand little stickers.

SeaShells Sun 30-Jan-05 13:00:57

We got one for our DS from the local post office recently, only cost 99p and he plays with it all the time. It has dinosaurs, his favourite!

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 30-Jan-05 13:00:58

lol.

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 30-Jan-05 13:01:30

I'm obviously looking in the wrong places then ! I'll have to keep 'em peeled next time I'm out.

tamum Sun 30-Jan-05 13:05:29

We have loads, many of which we've had since ds was 2, and he's 10 now! The main "name" seems to be Uniset. If you go somewhere like Mailorderexpress and just put the word "uniset" into the search box you'll see loads. In shops they're often on special stands that circle round IYSWIM.

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 30-Jan-05 13:06:16

That's really helpful tamum, thank you.

Kayleigh Sun 30-Jan-05 13:07:03

The sometimes do them in larger Waitrose stores.

tamum Sun 30-Jan-05 13:34:50

Just realised that in all fairness I should point out that ds is not still using Postman Pat stickers, dd has them now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now