Talk

Advanced search

Recomendations please for a "carrycot" syle pram?

(20 Posts)
Minniethemoocher Thu 26-Jun-08 20:41:57

My baby is due in November and I was thinking that a "carrycot" style pram would be warm and cosy for when I walk DD to school.

I have a McClaren Techno XT for trips out involving the car, and I was going to buy a cosy sheepskin for this, but for walking about the village, (which I do a lot of )I fancy a carrycot style pram.

I would be very grateful for any recommendations!

Thanks!

babyjjbaby Thu 26-Jun-08 20:48:09

a mamas and papas ultima or converse luvly the mpx chassis is easyier to steer then the xcel or sportsline but the excel and sportsline are wonderful to push the ultima has a carrycot and seat unit where as the converse is just a seat unit which lies flat and the bumper bar extends to make it look like a carrycot and u can put a matress in it ideal if u don't want to store bothe sets

TarkaLiotta Fri 27-Jun-08 14:10:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PrettyCandles Fri 27-Jun-08 14:35:39

I had a Quinny Speedi SX. I chose a carrycot for the same reasons as you, and like having a carrycot very much. Apart from the incredibly naff raincape, that had a (deliberate) huge hole in front of the baby's face, so the rain went straight in, and had to be removed completely, dripping everywhere, in order to get at the baby. Also the Speedi is a 3-wheeler, and that was not good with the carrycot either. The balance just was not right going up and down kerbs.

I wished I had gone with my other choice, the I-Candy Apple, which has a much better arrangement of the wheels, in that you can either have it as a 4-wheeler, or put the two front wheels together and have a pseudo-3-wheeler that steers like a 3-wheeler but has the stability of a 4-wheeler. I don't remember what the I-Candy's raincape was like.

Minniethemoocher Fri 27-Jun-08 14:36:12

Thank you, getting some ideas!! smile

bogie Fri 27-Jun-08 14:37:46

I love my bugboo cam lovley to push loads of bag space underneath for shopping

JoyS Fri 27-Jun-08 18:47:26

Pliko Switch is great. Not carrycot but the Mamas & Papas one comes with a soft pram liner.

shinyshoes Fri 27-Jun-08 18:55:28

Prettycandles I have the quinny speedi SX and I have that raincover that has a huuuuge hole directly in front of her face, how wierd is that, I thought it had come with the wrong raincover

pootleflump Wed 02-Jul-08 19:59:24

I have my eye on the Micralite Toro

skippysmum Wed 02-Jul-08 22:18:42

I'll second the Toro.

ilovemydog Wed 02-Jul-08 22:19:54

bugaboo

NorthernLurker Wed 02-Jul-08 22:20:14

Bugaboo Cam is fantastic. The carrycot was lovely and I got a lot of use from it - then when you're finished with it, it folds away v small

Minniethemoocher Thu 14-Aug-08 20:50:33

Anyone have any experience of the Mothercare Maui/Hauck Infinity?

Also warming towards the Pliko Switch as that will fold down without removing the seat/carrycot.

charitas Thu 14-Aug-08 21:32:25

Love my Hauck infinity lo 4 half mnths now and able to use the pushchair to assuge his chronic noisiness. We got whole lot from Kiddicare online and were very happy. Carrycot very snug and he still naps in it durring the day as is bigger and comfier than his moses basket.Turns on a sixpence but less easy than other prams to get up steps

nicm Thu 14-Aug-08 21:32:32

my teutonia spirit s3, but i think all the teutonia prams have carrycots.

nicm Thu 14-Aug-08 21:34:13

oh and you can fold it with the carrycot still on and then it changes into a pram and you can fold it with the seat facing you. this was why i bought it. is great for walking and is a dream to push. hth

lauraloola Thu 14-Aug-08 21:53:52

I have a Mutsy 4 Rider and it is great! I have the carrycot on it at the moment that dd sleeps in in the day. I have the seat upstairs for when she is older that can face you or outwards. It is such a great pram and is lightweight when folded.

We tried out loads before we decided and then bought from the internet to get the best deal.

lauraloola Thu 14-Aug-08 21:54:59

I have a Mutsy 4 Rider and it is great! I have the carrycot on it at the moment that dd sleeps in in the day. I have the seat upstairs for when she is older that can face you or outwards. It is such a great pram and is lightweight when folded.

We tried out loads before we decided and then bought from the internet to get the best deal.

PInkyminkyohnooo Thu 14-Aug-08 22:03:26

I've got a Micralite Fastfold with carrycot, it's lovely.

Minniethemoocher Sat 16-Aug-08 15:40:34

Well, I have finally decided and I have bought a M&P Pilko Plus, rear facing in carrycot mode, forward facing in pushchair mode. Folds up with the carrycot in place, reasonably lightweight AND will fit in the boot of my car!

Thanks for all the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now