Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ariston Washer/dryer, can we get it replaced (any lawyers there?)

(4 Posts)
Easy Fri 28-Jan-05 16:15:09

My mum bought an ariston washer dryer 18 months ago, and it has always been crap anyway (everything came out VERY crumpled), but about 3 weeks ago it stopped working (the dial that goes thru the program just went right round in about a minute).

Anyway, she has an extended warranty, so we rang up and got it fixed. Now it's gone wrong again, same problem.

It's out of guarantee, but I thought there was a trading standards ruling that white goods and such should be good for at least 6 years. Can she get it replaced as unfit for the purpose?

LIZS Fri 28-Jan-05 16:28:52

Not a lawyer but the Trading Standards central site has a couple of leaflets which may be relevant - the full list is here

Relevant ones may be :-
See 1st Frequently Asked Question re Freezer
Rights under Sale of Goods Act but if you scroll down to "Proving the Point" because of the time lag the onus is on your mum to prove the fault. Don't know if the fact that she has previously accepted a repair may compromise her rights to an alternative now. If she bought on credit she may have different rights.

hth

Easy Fri 28-Jan-05 16:36:30

Thanks Liz.

So it looks like she's stuck with it, or a replacement of the same model. Hmm, that won't please her.

I did try to get her to return it in the first few weeks, as unacceptable (cos it really does do the clothes damage if you put them in for a full wash/dry cycle, they are soooo badly creased).

But you know what old ladies are, she couldn't be bothered .....

irishbird Fri 28-Jan-05 16:46:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now