Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bach Rescue Remedy. What do i do with it???....

(27 Posts)
Branster Wed 26-Jan-05 23:20:10

So I went a bought a spray of this today following on the thread about driving and how this is suppossed to ease nervousness. What is it supposed to do? How will I feel? Can it create any kind of dependency? I never take any supplements, tablets etc (apart from the pill) and don't want to get hooked on anything. Do I just take it as I get in the car? An hour before? How does it work? Do I inded need any of it?
Haven't told DH about it as he's sure to laugh at me, so at least if I get some info I can argue my case.

Tinker Wed 26-Jan-05 23:22:03

I took some before my daughter had an op. Can't say it made me feel relaxed. I really tgink you'd have to drink gallons of the stuff to be affected. Take some now and see how you feel.

Flossam Wed 26-Jan-05 23:22:50

I've only taken it diluted as drops in water. I know that it is to be taken at times of stress, ie, just before exams. I have had it when I hyperventilated before and DP used it for his exams. Does it not explain usage very well on the packet then?

unicorn Wed 26-Jan-05 23:27:28

I had it - well actually screamed for it - during childbirth (3 yrs ago today!!)I think I was sold on the 'rescue' element!!!!

I have no idea if it was any good, but I 'believed' in it... so I think it helped me.!!!

Branster Wed 26-Jan-05 23:27:58

well, it says to spray two drops on your tongue (I think. the bottle is downstairs and can't be bothered to go and look).
Good idea Tinker. I'll try it at the week-end when I don't have to do/go anywhere.
Is tehre any information anywhere where it says how it works on our body? The composition contains some plants extracts and some plant alcohol. But I don't know how are they supposed to work.

Aimsmum Wed 26-Jan-05 23:28:04

Message withdrawn

Branster Wed 26-Jan-05 23:29:11

aaah unicorn. if you believed in it maybe that's why it worked. i'm not sure what to believe at the moment

Branster Wed 26-Jan-05 23:30:02

thanks Aimsmum. I hope I won't get stopped by the police and breathalised.

unicorn Wed 26-Jan-05 23:31:20

maybe it's a bit like tinkerbell??!!!!

keep believing ~(or the company goes bust!!!)

ChicPea Wed 26-Jan-05 23:37:49

I used it for my C-Sections, and an operation (just walked into theatre chatting away) BUT forgot to take when having stitches out and had to lie on Dr's floor as became dizzy. Took RR for second lot of stitches to come out and hey presto, felt fine!! I empty the dropper (not the spray version) x4 and say to myself (in disbelief) "Having an operation / C-Section today!!" at the same time and do this probably every hour x4 hours. Then I can cope with what's ahead. EASILY.
One of the girls in my office was attacked with her friend by a gang of girls and was bitten, punched and very traumatised by the whole thing. That was the Sat night. On the Wednesday, when I saw her, she was huddled over her desk in a state. I gave her some money to buy some RR. Told her what to do then to forget that she had taken it. Two hours later she was transformed from this wreak to normal. Highly highly recommend it.
Oh! My Osteopath says the RR cream is fantastic for cuts/grazes.

Branster Wed 26-Jan-05 23:46:02

wow chicpea! that's really amazing.
how sad for your colleague...

ChicPea Wed 26-Jan-05 23:50:54

It does work but 4 drops on the tongue for me is not enough. I want it to make a real difference! Do try it.

Branster Wed 26-Jan-05 23:51:42

will do!

ChicPea Thu 27-Jan-05 00:01:02

Branster, wondering how traumatic my son's single measles jab is going to be tomorrow and your thread has just reminded me that taking RR will make it easier. Only for me though not for DS.

Loobie Thu 27-Jan-05 09:46:34

I give it to ds who has autism when he is freaking out and it really helps calm him down,he is transformed from a 666 child into a nice placid chilled out child.

Tetley Thu 27-Jan-05 09:50:35

My sister took it for her wedding - to calm her down & let her enjoy the day. She'd also used it earlier in the year when she was a bridesmaid (& again was very nervous). She certainly found that it worked for her. She had the stuff that she sprayed on her tongue (her friend is a homeopath & made it up for her).

msann Thu 27-Jan-05 09:58:46

ive used it loads in the past .... think it worked...but then again was it the fact that i was told it worked??? i dont know ...but i used to have mini panic attacks...4 drops under tongue..within 20 mins i was ok. even passed it on to a VERY skeptical sister who uses it frequently know to combat mood swings....

Branster Wed 02-Feb-05 00:32:48

so tried it and felt no different. it really tastes like strong alcohol. maybe I should have taken a higher dose? or switch to valium?

sallystrawberry Wed 02-Feb-05 00:38:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Branster Wed 02-Feb-05 00:39:26

hmmm...what is kalms? maybe that's what i need...

dramaqueen72 Wed 02-Feb-05 00:42:28

i think its nice and works to calm me when stressing/panicing. but....its not overwhelming obvious it works is it? having said that, the RR cream is amazing for 'fixing' red/sore/dry/poorly skin. and the same stuff is in the cream as the drops...so there must be something about it!

sallystrawberry Wed 02-Feb-05 00:58:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jbck Wed 02-Feb-05 15:22:52

Loobie Is RR suitable for children? When DD (just over 3) was smaller & got into a state because she was way overtired everyone including HV said just give her a spoonful of Calpol to help but it never seemed to work & I was loathe to do it in the first place as she wasn't ill just up to high doh! If I thought RR would help on the rare occassion it happens now I'd maybe try it in her milk. I got it for labour but never used it so can't say how good it is anyway. Sorry.

galaxy Wed 02-Feb-05 15:24:19

dh swears by Kalms

Branster Wed 02-Feb-05 15:28:59

very interesting this kalms. but if it says it induces natural sleep, then i wonder if it would be wise to take it before driving?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now