Talk

Advanced search

nissan almera tino does it definatly have ISOFIX?

(17 Posts)
misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 10:29:14

just about to look into buying car seat for baby. current astra has ISOFIX, but nissan site isnt working for me so i cant call and check the almera tino (which we are changing to) has ISOFIX. anyone know?

lowcalCOD Wed 26-Jan-05 10:29:46

ring hte dealer? woudl they knwo?

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 10:30:25

i cant find my yellow pages cod. so was trying to the site to get the numbers.

lowcalCOD Wed 26-Jan-05 10:31:17

ok... calling nissan people!

galaxy Wed 26-Jan-05 10:50:40

website is back up but very slow. No isofix mentioned in the technical specification brochure. Calling my Nissan contact now to clarify.

galaxy Wed 26-Jan-05 11:00:19

Nissan have confirmed it doesn't have Isofix.

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 12:48:33

really?

oh pants!!

even the new new models?

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 12:54:09

well i just called and they said new models do. so am confused. it better do as it wont be worth getting ISOFIX seat if the anchor points arent there.

galaxy Wed 26-Jan-05 13:16:47

Ispoke to a local dealer and he looked in the showroom car, asked the service manager and looked in a brochure and it was adament they didn't!

galaxy Wed 26-Jan-05 13:17:08

Couldn't get hold of the contact at Nissan head office.

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 13:17:29

ARGH!!!!!

i'll get dh to triple check when he goes in to fill in paperweork, and wont order the seat till i know for sure.

Hulababy Wed 26-Jan-05 20:25:25

Can you not go into a garage nearby and have a look there?

Most new cars are starting to have them fitted as standard, but they are still optional items on some makes and models.

Hulababy Wed 26-Jan-05 20:26:38

And TBH I wouldn't always trust the salesmen in the show rooms either. We have found that many still don't have much of a clue about ISOFIX systems. I always check myself now and just have a feel at the back of the seats for the two metal bars.

Lolski Wed 26-Jan-05 20:53:11

We have recently bought a Britax Isofix car seat and with it came a list of all compatible cars. I have just had a look and it says that the Nissan Almera Tino has Isofix fitted as standard on the rear seat. It also says that the first compatible model was May 00.

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 21:00:52

Hula, ther garage is miles away, and as dh isnt driving atm (he has test driven it b4 tho) i've been left to deal with the niggly details.

i have a maxi-cosi infant seat here which i can fit in my current car, and will hopefully fit ok inthe tino as well.

marz Thu 27-Jan-05 15:26:41

Have not read all this thread and sorry if it has been said.....
I HAVE A TINO!!!!
YESSS it has two isofix points at the back, next to each window seat....none in the middle seat.
Hope that helps!

misdee Thu 27-Jan-05 15:49:14

cheers!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now