Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know if a Jane Matrix lie-flat car seat will fit in a Ford Fiesta?

(16 Posts)
charleypops Tue 25-Jan-05 19:28:43

thinking about getting one, but I know they're quite big...

tia

HunkerMunker Tue 25-Jan-05 19:31:25

Have you got a five-door Fiesta? If not, don't get it. Just...don't. I fitted ours into MIL's Peugeot 3-door and nearly fainted from the effort (it was about 80 degrees though!).

Also, do you have a lap belt in the centre of the car? They need three-point harnesses to work, so you'd end up with the seat across the whole of the backseat otherwise. Mind you, they're great seats - DS was always very comfy in his in the car. Otherwise Bebeconfort do one that fits the Loola pushchair that is rear-facing but very 'lie-flat' iyswim. I'll see if I can find it (but will have to look later - DS needs his last feed!)

oooggs Tue 25-Jan-05 19:33:31

It's a shame if it doesn't, because they are fantastic.

charleypops Tue 25-Jan-05 19:40:39

HM - yet it's got 5 doors and it has a lap seat belt in the middle.

Ooogs - I just don't know why there aren't more lie-flats on the market!

oooggs Tue 25-Jan-05 19:43:39

That is so true. I actually bought it because it was a 'carrycot' for the three wheeler, but as a lie flat car seat and family living away it was great. Would highly recommend it.

charleypops Tue 25-Jan-05 21:40:52

bump

Peckarollover Tue 25-Jan-05 21:41:32

I had mine fitted in a 3 car Renault Clio

charleypops Tue 25-Jan-05 21:45:25

so the seatbelts were long enough then? You didn't have the same bother as Hunkermunker did you?

irishbird Tue 25-Jan-05 21:46:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

irishbird Tue 25-Jan-05 21:49:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

charleypops Tue 25-Jan-05 22:18:22

Thanks Irishbird, I'll ask John Lewis if they'll let me try it first.

Good to know you all like it!

HunkerMunker Tue 25-Jan-05 22:25:02

The Bebeconfort seat I was thinking of is the Creatis. It fits on the Loola pushchair.

Have you been to Johnston Prams ? There's lots on there about how to fit them flat in the back seat - basically you need two three-point harnesses, one each end of the seat when it's lying flat, so if the middle seat's a lap belt, it will have to be the offside and nearside rear seatbelts you use. In our car (a Honda Civic), it lay across two of the seats as the centre belt was a three-point harness. That meant there was enough room for me to sit in the spare seat (and get DS out and feed him in the 7.5 hour traffic jam we sat in from London to Kent while some fool decided (eventually...) not to jump off the QE2 Bridge...!).

charleypops Tue 25-Jan-05 22:38:18

7.5 hours!!! with a baby!!

Thanks for that info HM good link!

HunkerMunker Tue 25-Jan-05 22:40:24

Yes, I'd have pushed the bugger myself if I'd known what the delay was. And I'm normally very sympathetic!

HunkerMunker Tue 25-Jan-05 22:42:02

He was only five months old...which is good in one way (slept for two of those hours)...and awful in others (couldn't explain what was going on...needed to drink water cos of bfeeding and needed to wee cos of enormous bladder caused by water needed cos of bfeeding!!)!

charleypops Tue 25-Jan-05 22:55:12

Everyone should get one of those portable lady's urinals for their car!

I'd've felt like pushing him off too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now