Talk

Advanced search

ELC offer - am I being cynical

(11 Posts)
SOULGIRL Tue 25-Jan-05 18:49:44

I decided that as my children have their birthdays around christmas that I would spend their pooled birthday money from the last few years on the TP Explorer climbing frame & slide from ELC. As I have one of these funky 20% off leaflets from them this would amount to quite a reasonable discount.

When you look at this item online approx 50% of it is out of stock (this amounts to £158). The shop say I would have to go into the store to order it, although it is a home delivery item and that their stock comes from somewhere else but that they wont know what is in stock until they go to order it.

I guess this effectively means I would possibly only receive the discount on half of it if the other half were not in stock. *Convenient huh?* Or am I being cynical.

Wouldnt be quite so annoying if my mum hadnt binned her spare discount leaflet!!

SOULGIRL Tue 25-Jan-05 18:50:36

One day I will get the hang of the formatting on here!!

BadHair Tue 25-Jan-05 18:53:19

Could you go into the store and order all of it, using your discount, then wait for it to be delivered bit by bit as it comes in?
Or doesn't it work like that?

LIZS Tue 25-Jan-05 19:03:47

If they will accept the order, even for pieces currently out of stock in the warehouse, then the discount should apply to it all. The website suggests you can reserve it where currently out of stock so presumably you can order via a store in the same way.

SOULGIRL Wed 26-Jan-05 17:41:59

I dont know I only spoke to someone on the phone & the impression I got was if they did not have it I would not be able to order it. I guess I will have to make the trip into town to try!!

SOULGIRL Thu 27-Jan-05 13:50:18

And they have now increased the price of it by £40 (which effectively wipes out most of the "discount")

Evesmama Thu 27-Jan-05 13:51:43

ive got a 20% off voucher valid until 28th feb??

SOULGIRL Sun 30-Jan-05 19:44:08

Evesmama

It would be much appreciated if you do not intend to use it.

SG

logic Sun 30-Jan-05 19:58:11

Soulgirl, we bought the tp explorer climbing frame and slide from elc online. We didn't have to go to the shop but I must warn you that we had a really bad experience with their delivery service of it. Bits didn't turn up for weeks, bits turned up x 3, delivered by someone in a fiesta fgs and not by courier etc... It was a complete shambles and if we buy any more add-ons, we will go elsewhere. There, rant over

stitch Sun 30-Jan-05 21:50:40

i did a similar thing three years ago, bought the climbing frame etc with pooled birthday money. it is the best 'toy' i have ever bought them.
having said that , it was a complete nightmare to put together.it was meant to be up and ready ds1 birthday on april 1st. the threads on the screws werent right, and the holes and blah blah blah. they had to send out more sets of frames, and the third lot finally seemed up to scratch. was middle of may before was all assembled!
although they have changed the suppliers since, i would still be wary of buying from them, unless you are a very proactive shopper. and the discount will apply to the entire thing if you order it at once. they can deliver as and when they get it.

SOULGIRL Mon 31-Jan-05 11:30:53

Ive noticed online that 4 bits are now out of stock. I cant use the 20% voucher online and it would be a nightmare if it all turns up in dribs & drabs as im in & out all the time with playgroup runs, toddler clubs, swimming club etc.

Hmm not looking forward to putting it together but figure that, like car cleaning, that is DHs job "why have a dog & bark yourself" as my dad always says!! Tee Hee

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now