Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Baby support donut thingy?

(24 Posts)
Sponge Tue 25-Jan-05 11:27:05

My ds's ex nursery had these padded cushions which were u-shaped. If we stacked 2 then ds could sit up happily supported which let him play with sitting up type toys and interact more with the room which he loved.
Does nayone know what I'm talking about or where I can find one?

lulupop Tue 25-Jan-05 11:39:42

blooming marvellous, pefectly happy people, etc, all do them.

woodpops Tue 25-Jan-05 11:47:27

Wilkos only £2:99 each!!

Sponge Tue 25-Jan-05 12:03:13

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place but can't find one on perfectly happy people site and blooming marvellous has a dinosaur thing which is sort of right but much too elaborate - the ones I've seen are just a plain U-shapes cushion.
What's Wilkos?

woodpops Tue 25-Jan-05 12:07:47

Wilkinsons. Do you have one???

Chuffed Tue 25-Jan-05 12:30:22

Argos has v shaped pillows which do pretty much the same thing - pretty cheap too although probably more than £2.99

Sponge Tue 25-Jan-05 12:33:35

No, sadly not. Hmmmm.......

Sponge Tue 25-Jan-05 12:34:57

Yes we have a v shaped pillow Chuffed but it doesn't provide the same support - he can still tip over sideways very easily.
Bugger - I thought this would be easy!

woodpops Tue 25-Jan-05 13:12:35

Get a Bumbo, they're tonnes better than the support pillows

wild Tue 25-Jan-05 13:31:18

There's an actual donut shaped thing called a Playnest, inflatable ring with hole middle and lots of touchy feely stuff round edge. YOu can get it in Tescos as far as I know but just ask for Playnest in any nursery dept.

WigWamBam Tue 25-Jan-05 14:31:21

Galt Playnest . I highly recommend it.

Sponge Tue 25-Jan-05 14:34:45

Maybe a Bumbo could be an answer. I don't want a playnest - we had one for dd and she didn't really get on with it. The idea of the cushion is that it just props him up so he can play with sit up toys and he loves it - the playnest would enclose him which isn't what I'm after.

LIZS Tue 25-Jan-05 14:37:39

Were they the plastic covered squishy shapes, like you someimes find at soft play areas ?

Sponge Tue 25-Jan-05 14:42:09

They're really simple c-shaped cushions - quite small so ds (5 months) fits snugly into the c and 2 of them, one on top of the other, will support him sitting upright.

WigWamBam Tue 25-Jan-05 14:43:25

NCT Sales have a breastfeeding cushion which they used to recommend for propping older babies up too. Here

Sponge Tue 25-Jan-05 14:48:16

That looks a bit more like it WWB thanks.

starlover Tue 25-Jan-05 15:21:03

is this the thing?

nursing pillow

Sponge Tue 25-Jan-05 15:24:24

Again that's a bit more like it although the ones I saw were onbviously designed to prop up a baby rather than as a b/f aid as they were a bit smaller and bright primary baby type designs.
Perhaps I'll just go back tohe nursery and ask where they got them from.

LIZS Tue 25-Jan-05 15:24:39

a Boppy ?

woodpops Tue 25-Jan-05 15:28:06

You can pick Bumbos up on e-bay for a tenner!!!

Sponge Tue 25-Jan-05 15:31:08

Ah thank you LIZH, I think a Boppy is exactly what I'm after .

eidsvold Wed 26-Jan-05 09:14:02

bought mine in John Lewis if that is any help.

eidsvold Wed 26-Jan-05 09:14:46

boppy that is... just the cushion not the arch thingy.

Sponge Wed 26-Jan-05 09:58:06

Ah thank you eidsvold. I looked in Peter Jones and they didn't have them but I'll try J Lewis.
The ones the nursery have are actually these: horseshoe cushion but they only sell to institutions. Bum.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: