Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Powerful Vertical Radiators?

(7 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Fri 21-Jan-05 11:43:05

For various annoying reasons, I'm trying to replace a radiator in our kitchen with one a bit more powerful and a lot narrower. I think we're considering "The Big One", despite it's naff name. Has anyone else bought a strange (ok, "designer") radiator? Do they work ok? Are there any good online shops for them?

CountessDracula Fri 21-Jan-05 11:45:15

Bisque are good and twice as powerful as bog standard ones. I have one in my kitchen

jampots Fri 21-Jan-05 11:55:40

Bisque are very good - my sister used to sell them and very stylish

Stilltrue Fri 21-Jan-05 17:19:38

It's got to be Bisque, definitely.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 21-Jan-05 19:51:43

I've had a look at Bisque, and their radiators look lovely ... but not powerful enough for their size. I'm trying to get 6100 BTUs in 45 cm or so. (I'm trying to replace a big old radiator with a shiny new one and a fridge.)

SueW Fri 21-Jan-05 20:19:56

Not next to each other? Or is that ok these days?

FWIW, I have a bisque one too. Well two acutally - one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. I wish we'd had underfloor heating too though.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 21-Jan-05 20:46:00

Yeah, next to each other, hopefully with a foot or so gap. But it's only for a year and a bit, until I get the kitchen redone, keeping the radiator and fridge, but moving them about, no doubt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now