Talk

Advanced search

Presents for 3 year old DD - any ideas

(8 Posts)
Nikkichik Thu 20-Jan-05 14:31:38

Any suggestions for bday presents for dd's 3rd Birthday next month. What do/did your dd's like at that age?
So far ideas are arty/crafty stuff from ELC
Another Peter Rabbit & Friends DVD
A new jacket - boring!
Books - Percy the PArk Keeper and Kipper
She has been given a Kitchen by uncle and aunt and grandparents are giving her a wooden train set (she said she wanted one!).
Blimey what a spoilt child! - wish someone would give me a new kitchen!!!

helsi Thu 20-Jan-05 14:39:23

baking equipment - I just bought DD loads of cutters with shapes, letters of alphabet, numbers etc. A small rolling pin etc.

bath toys always go down well.

Jigsaws.

LIZS Thu 20-Jan-05 14:40:56

dd loves all her Disney princess things - Belle Tea Trolley, Scooter, Castle and princess figures and ponies - dolls and paraphenalia, Little People, books, puzzles ...

monkeygirl Thu 20-Jan-05 14:42:49

Does she like films yet - quite a few disney films on dvd like Aladdin, Finding Nemo. Also various Winnie the Pooh/Piglet/Tigger films.

A Leappad.
Baby Born/Annabel/Chou Chou.
Does she have a toy buggy?
My dd (3) loves her Disney dressing table! (although it is expensive and quite tacky imo but what do I matter?).
Things to go with her kitchen (washing machine/microwave/pots and pans/play fruit).
Dressing up outfits.
Play shoes
Bags
Doll's house.....

Nikkichik Thu 20-Jan-05 14:56:23

Thanks so far ladies.
Lucky girl does actually have most of the things mentioned - loves Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too.
She's not that bothered about dolls etc. (except at nursery) so I don't really want to go down that route. Has a dolls house already. Note: the mummy doll is always in the kitchen at the cooker and the daddy is in bed or on the loo!!!! Robert Winston eat your heart out!!!
Problem with buggy etc. is that we are in a rented flat at present which doesn't have a garden. Sad cos she loves the one we keep at Granny's house!
Like the dressing up idea - any suggestions as to reasonably priced outfits? - or could get Granny to help - she's good at sewing!

monkeygirl Thu 20-Jan-05 14:59:32

We live in a flat with no garden and dd still manages to play with her buggy! Also encourages her to walk as she can push it along on trips.

Woolies do reasonably-priced dressing up clothes. Do Asda or Tescos??? Sorry I am the world's worst sewer so no help there. I have given my dd some of my old scarves/hats/bags to play with anyway.

Nikkichik Thu 20-Jan-05 15:02:56

dh worried about the skirting boards and landlords taking money off our deposit when we leave - doesn't bother me but not worth a fight. Will go and look in Woolies for dress-up clothes. She has bags, bangles etc.

puddle Thu 20-Jan-05 15:36:46

Great little trading company do lovely dressing up trunks with lots of bits and pieces in them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: