Talk

Advanced search

Pushchair I can push one handed?

(20 Posts)
Bky Tue 27-May-08 15:00:31

Does anyone know of any pushchairs I can push one handed, I have a toddler that likes to walk and a newborn. My current single is a Graco Mosaic which I hate and is impossible to push one handed.

So anyone got any ideas...it needs to be small (ish) and lightweight and fold up pretty small as well.

CarGirl Tue 27-May-08 15:02:21

graco citisport - honestly they are a doddle to steer one handed! If you want something bigger the graco one that is sold as the mothercare atlan. Other than that you are looking a bugaboo beed or a mountain buggy urban!

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Tue 27-May-08 15:03:51

You can easily push the Micralite Fastfold one handed.

Bky Tue 27-May-08 15:10:19

nataliejane is that the same as the Micralite Toro which has just come up when I did a google search?

Have you got one? I have seen them out and about and the front wheels always look really wide, is this a problem?

4andnotout Tue 27-May-08 15:10:58

I have just got a 2nd hand luna and its really lightweight and easy to push with one hand, the floating harness isn't to everyones taste but i have stitched mine to the back of the liner.

Piffle Tue 27-May-08 15:11:49

bugaboo is really easy steer.
how is the m+p aria for steering?
I needed an easy push due to hip hand and neck issues...
bug has been fab but not small, the bee might be fab though

4andnotout Tue 27-May-08 15:16:43

I found the aria hard to push once the baby gets a bit heavy as the weight is distributed unevenly.

upsyandiggle Tue 27-May-08 15:30:38

mutsy spider, not got one but pushed it round the shop and it seems easy. hopeing to get one soon. Folds up really small.

cheesesarnie Tue 27-May-08 15:31:39

micralite is great one handed.not toro,fastfold

savoycabbage Tue 27-May-08 15:35:36

I have a maclaren volvo. You can push it easily with one hand.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Tue 27-May-08 16:04:33

I had a Fastfold for DS2, only downside I found was the non-reclining seat for when they are older. The front wheels look quite wide because of the shape of it, but really it was tiny, much smaller all round than my Jane stroller I have now.

Was hoping (for DC3) the Toro would be just as good as the Fastfold but with the reclining seat, but haven't yet seen one in the flesh, is it not so good then Cheesesarnie?

I have always found M&P's heavy, and silver crosses.

The only other one that sticks out in my mind as being, or at least seeming, very lightweight and easily moved one handed was the Quinny Buzz, but again that was with nothing in it, might be worth a look though? (Be warned though, it is a fair bit wider than most IME)

detoxdiva Tue 27-May-08 16:11:43

My Quinny Buzz is dead easy to push one handed

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Tue 27-May-08 16:16:05

Detoxdiva, how old is your Buzz? I still have a bit of a secret hankering for one blush, but read so many bad reviews of the older style ones, still trying to find out if the newer versions (or even the 4 wheeled ones) are any better?!

CarGirl Tue 27-May-08 17:20:03

aria is absolutely dreadful once they get to about 8 months - I struggled to steer it with 2 hands. The bee is lovely, things that are wide do make it harder around the shops etc - a lot depends on your budget too.

detoxdiva Tue 27-May-08 17:39:48

Mine is now 2.5 years old - I have heard some of the bad reviews about it, but we've never had any problems with it. It fits almost flat into the boot of my car and I love that I can steer it one handed, although you can lock the front wheel if needed.

scottishmummy Tue 27-May-08 17:55:31

micralite fastfold very light easy steer

JFly Tue 27-May-08 18:07:47

I have the micralite toro and can push it pretty well one-handed, which is one reason I got it. DS is ten weeks old so we're still in pram mode, but I like it so far. It's very manouverable and has a tight turning circle. Very easy to put up and colapse and I found it lighter than most others on the market. I also like that the base stands up on its wheels, so it doesn't take up much space in the hall.

Front wheels are wider than the back, so I sometimes misjudge a gap, but then again I'm still a learner with the pushchair thing. Not something that really has bugged me.

scottishmummy Tue 27-May-08 19:13:01

i bought a buzz when pg and hated it...sold it within month of purchaseshock

i was swayed by its funky looks

BUT

heavy*
*wide
wheel base
too wide for bus couldnt get down aisle
rubbish shopping basket capacity
nearly lost a finger folding it
cumbersome
didnt fit through all doors
only good in malls/smooth pavements

nappyaddict Thu 17-Jul-08 01:38:16

like to have one big pushchair for walking and a smaller one for the car so for the big one i like: fisher price kuji, traxx ecuador, mutsy, mamas and papas skate, ziko herbie, mothercare my3, urban detour quantum, maxi cosi mura, gesslein f2, gesslein future, gesslein vision s.

For the small one i like the petite star whirl, luna, baby jogger city mini, bebe confort streety, bugaboo bee.

Ceolas Thu 17-Jul-08 01:53:13

Possibly too big, but very easy to push and folds up to store in my hall cupboard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now