Talk

Advanced search

Laptop recommendations

(12 Posts)
Kibby Tue 18-Jan-05 16:41:21

I'm looking for a really slim, light laptop, anyone know of any they would recommend? I lloked at the Dell Inspiron 510 but think it looks quite big, anyone know?

littlemissbossy Tue 18-Jan-05 16:49:41

I wouldn't recommend Dell to anyone TBH - I had a problem with my Inspiron laptop and their aftersales service is quite frankly, crap! and annoyingly located in India.
I've just bought a new dinky, lightweight laptop from PC world, they've loads of offers on at the mo
HTH

nasa Tue 18-Jan-05 16:52:55

agree about the aftersales service on dell BUT I still think their laptops are much better than others.

Kibby Tue 18-Jan-05 17:05:28

littlemissbossy , what make is it?

Titania Tue 18-Jan-05 17:09:23

I have got a lovely slim silver samsung XO5. Got it from comet. With 5 years insurance it was £999. Love it to bits.

fisil Tue 18-Jan-05 17:21:45

Ooops - just got my new Dell yesterday! I was so distraught after I dropped my Samsung down the stairs that I let dp do all the shopping around and chosing. Seems OK so far!

jabberwocky Tue 18-Jan-05 17:56:06

I've had mine for a while so don't know about the newer models but it's a Compaq presario. Overall, it's been a good machine. I used it a ton in graduate school with no problems.

BubblesDeVere Tue 18-Jan-05 18:13:20

I've got a Sony Vaio, and don't think I would ever have another make, the customer service is also second the none, and, they have a web site which you can go on and try and solve the problem first.

alibubbles Wed 19-Jan-05 12:06:58

I am on an Apple powerbook at the moment and love it, we all have Apple laptops in this house and DD's has a french keyboard.

galaxy Wed 19-Jan-05 12:09:33

Work laptio is an IBM Thinkpad which is small and compact.

We recently bought and Advent from PC World for £699 which is good too. Comes with wireless card, dvd re-writer and memory card slot.

mrsflowerpot Wed 19-Jan-05 12:10:28

Try the Acer ones, they have quite a few lighter weight ones. Dh has just bought one at laptopshop.co.uk

littlemissbossy Wed 19-Jan-05 12:12:31

kibby, it's a averatec 12" notebook, wireless card, etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now