Talk

Advanced search

Kids bedroom furniture............what do your have ???

(42 Posts)
nutcracker Tue 18-Jan-05 12:42:09

Before i go insane trying to solve this i thought i see who's got what.

What colour funtiure have your kids got in their rooms ?? ie white, pine, beech etc etc ??

Dd2 is having a disney princess bedroom, divan bed so thats no prob, but then i can't decide on furniture. Had decided white but then got the wobbles and wasn't sure. She is 5 by the way.

So what have yours got ??

Oh and what do you think would go with this bookcase

LIZS Tue 18-Jan-05 12:45:05

Link not workin g ds' is pine and dd's whitewash.

Merlin Tue 18-Jan-05 12:47:28

DS has a mixture - cream-washed pine wardrobe, Victorian dark wood chest of drawers, and blue and red bits and pieces - rug, chair etc.

littlemissbossy Tue 18-Jan-05 12:48:24

Our kids have all got different things in their rooms, oldest ds beech-finish, middle ds white with wooden trim IYKWIM and youngest ds pine
My advice to you would be to have something that won't date and will go with lots of colours (not themed furniture) for when you need to redecorate

jampots Tue 18-Jan-05 12:50:18

Both of mine have wooden cabin beds and beech wardrobes with mirrored doors (Pax from Ikea) which provides both light and the much needed vanity/dancing aid favoured by pre-teens and teens alike

nutcracker Tue 18-Jan-05 13:22:39

I know i should be practical but am tempted to go OTT with the pink and disney princess whilest she is still young enoough.

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 18-Jan-05 13:34:30

DD (2y 5m) has...

Girly pink walls with Tinkerbell print & photographs

Pale green carpet (inherited from prev owner of house, perfect condition so didn't change it)

White metal single bed with stars on it (from argos)

White tallboy with 2 drawers

White 7 drawer chest

Butterfly curtains and bed linen. V V girly . She loves it

nutcracker Tue 18-Jan-05 13:35:49

Do you think white is ok as they get older though ???

Ikea do a nice white range, and cheap too.

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 18-Jan-05 13:37:42

DD's white furniture is really quite sturdy and 'grown up' looking so it won't date as she gets older. The furniture we have should be perfectly ok for her as she grows up.

Bozza Tue 18-Jan-05 13:43:17

Definitely think white is OK for a girl. DS has white/pine (Visalden from Ikea and a pine bed from a pine place). I think its nice and actually know adults with it in their rooms. Maybe a bit too nice for a teenage boy tho' but will worry about that at the time.

littlemissbossy Tue 18-Jan-05 13:44:47

Yes nutty, white's nice and will still be grown up when she's older

nutcracker Tue 18-Jan-05 13:49:33

This is the wardrobe in the white from Ikea

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=7&productId=42755&langId=-20&parentCats=10120*10366

nutcracker Tue 18-Jan-05 13:51:42

and this is the pink bookcase

http://www.johnlewis.com/Shopping/Product.aspx?ARA=Furniture&CAT=Kids+Furniture&SCT=Kids+Furniture&PRT=Bookcases&Type=SKU&Id=230191029

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 18-Jan-05 13:54:33

I like that, Nutty. Have you seen it 'in the flesh' ? Will it be sturdy enough ?

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 18-Jan-05 13:55:43

bookcase is cute too, although i prefer the princess one. I suppose the pink one is cooler though.

nutcracker Tue 18-Jan-05 13:55:50

Which, the book case or the wardrobe ???

Have seen the wardrobe but not the bookcase.

The one she has now is falling apart, so it's gotta be sturdier than that

nutcracker Tue 18-Jan-05 13:56:25

Is the princess one on the JL website ???

nutcracker Tue 18-Jan-05 13:57:48

Arr found it. I like the princess one too, but not sure dd would.

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 18-Jan-05 13:58:41

Yeah, the princess one is on the JL page you linked too, Nutty

Re sturdiness, I meant the wardrobe.

nutcracker Tue 18-Jan-05 14:04:01

Yeah it seemed ok. Will give it a good shake next time we have a look at it though.

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 18-Jan-05 14:05:12

lol !

Hulababy Tue 18-Jan-05 14:11:58

DD is also having a Disney Princess bedroom when we move I love the idea of being able to OTT with it. Hey, they are only little once. And most stuff can be changed afterwards anyway.

DD just has one of those canvas, with wooden frame within, wardrobes. We have Princess stick ons on the front of it too. But we have been looking at the white set, with the pink hearts on it, in Argos. Not expensive either so it it does need replacing in a few years it doesn't really matter so much. But could equally made plain by changing the handles, etc.

Hulababy Tue 18-Jan-05 14:13:21

DD's idea of heaven for her furniture is this Disney Princess range. They were selling the full set for less than £799 on e-bay at Christmas time.

nutcracker Tue 18-Jan-05 14:14:20

Have looked at that Hula, dd does like it and your right the price isn't too bad either.

They do a similar set in index now too i think.

God i could never be an interior designer me , am giving my self a headache.

Hulababy Tue 18-Jan-05 14:15:13

We will go for white whatever we get. Including white walls, brightened with Princess stick ons. DH did suggest commisioning the school art teacher (very good at this sort of stuff) to do a mural on the wall maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now