Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tinted Moisturiser

(34 Posts)
Issymum Tue 18-Jan-05 10:42:21

OK Laydeez, my tinted moisturiser expired months ago and I need to replace it with something that makes me look all radiant and healthy (well, just not close to death would be good enough) but not 'made up'.

What's your favorite tinted moisturiser? Top marks if it isn't fabulously expensive and horribly difficult to find......

hester Tue 18-Jan-05 10:45:34

Laura Mercier and Stila are completely brilliant, but both are fabulously expensive and may be difficult to find

Freckle Tue 18-Jan-05 10:48:00

No. 7. Not expensive, easy to apply and doesn't look like slap .

Mothernature Tue 18-Jan-05 10:48:39

tinted moisturisers best price...

dinosaur Tue 18-Jan-05 10:52:09

Boots No 7 is my favourite. I have very fair skin and theirs is the only genuinely fair one I have found.

Tetley Tue 18-Jan-05 11:11:21

Nivea one - it's only £3 or £4 & is light & easy to wear - I use the 'natural' colour as my skin is quite light.

Sonnet Tue 18-Jan-05 11:11:57

I use a clarins one - gives me a healthy glow and dewy skin without looking made up. About £12 I think but lasts me for AGES and I apply everyday to avoid looking like death!!

romilly Tue 18-Jan-05 11:46:10

i reckon i'm better at make up tips than ttc ones so yipeeee, here we go - i used to use laura mercier (so does nigella - so it cant be bad as she gets tips from all the top m/up artists) but i have just recently stumbled across one that is half the price and totally gorgeous to use (glides on like silk and makes your skin all fresh and dewy, like a teenagers - except without the zits!) i wouldnt have touched it with a bargepole from the name, because foundations are mostly scary buuut "intelligent colour foundation" from Boots No. 7 is heaven. i got it with some free no. 7 vouchers just to use them up so total fluke - but it's delicious to use. ok, i'll shut up now as you're probably all asleep.

kando Tue 18-Jan-05 12:05:27

Boots Botanics is very good - only about £4 and very nice to use. Think it only comes in one or two colours - looks quite dark in the tube but gives a very natural look and isn't heavy or gloopy to put on.

kando Tue 18-Jan-05 12:05:43

Boots Botanics is very good - only about £4 and very nice to use. Think it only comes in one or two colours - looks quite dark in the tube but gives a very natural look and isn't heavy or gloopy to put on.

kando Tue 18-Jan-05 12:05:55

oops!

Issymum Tue 18-Jan-05 12:09:20

Wow! Lots of great advice. Given the way in which Romilly's apparent addiction to fabulously expensive and horribly difficult to find tinted moisturiser was overturned by her ecstatic conversion to Boots No. 7 Intelligent Colour Foundation, I'm going to give that a shot.

Thank you. I'm off to re-discover my teenage complexion .

SecondhandRose Tue 18-Jan-05 12:16:27

Dermalogica's medium is perfect for me.

Branster Tue 18-Jan-05 14:01:22

i use the clarins face self tanning/tinted moisturizer (but not every day) , can't remember the exact name.
sometimes use a foundation but not all over the face (i have a clinique and just bought a mybeline one wich i find it very, very good)
i also have a nivea tinted moisturizer (really it wasn't expensive, it works really well but can't remember how much it costs exactly).

but , quite often, i mix a little bit of aqueous cream (or normal day moisturizer) with a little bit of slightly darker foundation than my normal skin colour . it blens in really , really well and gives a nice, healthy kind of look. dead cheap (in fact this darker foundation i got free with some skincare i bought once, it's a sample size pot and lasts forever) and works very well!

hester Tue 18-Jan-05 14:50:29

That's a good tip Branster - I knew we could count on you!

And romilly, you've now got me itching to try out No7. Sadly (for my bank balance) I pass a Boots on the way home and most of it ends up on my bathroom shelves...

romilly Tue 18-Jan-05 18:04:25

Issy & Hester - go for a lighter shade than you normally would - the "intelligent" part is that it adapts to match your skin tone (i swear - it actually does!)even though it only comes in 3 shades. Also has an SPF and is non core-plogging and vits A & E. But the best thing for me, is it just feels like your skin. Apparently won best newcomer cosmetic award in some of the glossies too.

Give it a try - you won’t be disappointed!

Hester i'm off to check out chanel eye shadow-in-water suspension mmm mmmmm!

tamum Tue 18-Jan-05 18:41:56

I've just started using onefrom the Tesco Make Up range even though I usually go slightly more up-market . It's called Face Lift and cost about 6 quid. It's good- very light (in terms of texture) and quite a good moisturiser.

nutcracker Tue 18-Jan-05 18:42:38

Romily, which shade do you use then ???

romilly Tue 18-Jan-05 21:17:12

i use "light" - and it doesnt make me look like a cadaver!

by the way - for non core-plogging read non pore-clogging - but you all got my drift.....

nasa Tue 18-Jan-05 21:28:27

bobby brown tinted moisturiser is really good and I hate foundation and have tried upteen different tinted moisturisers.

Branster Wed 19-Jan-05 10:57:37

hester
i have a voucher for 1/2 price no7 intelligent balance foundation. is valid until 31/01/05. i can post it to you today (i don't want any stamps or anything for it). do you want me to cat you with my e-mail address and then you can e-mail me your address?
alternatively, you'll find this voucher at the back of the boots health & beauty dec/jan in store magazine (free to boots advantage card holders otherwise it costs £1). don't know if they would still have this issue in store for you to get a copy. let me know. i'd be delighted to send it to you.

hester Wed 19-Jan-05 17:33:56

Oh yes please, Branster, that would be lovely!
Thanks so much

Branster Wed 19-Jan-05 21:41:32

Have CATed you hester. let me know if you don't get the e-mail by tomorrow lunchtime as I think it goes through mumsnet first.

motherinferior Sat 22-Jan-05 18:17:49

Well, I sloshed on a bit of Intelligent Colour in Boots today (hell on earth, shopping for clothes for DD1's fourth birthday, Bromley shopping centre, nuff said). Fabulous stuff. Might actually get me wearing slap.

Waswondering Sat 22-Jan-05 18:30:00

Ok - this is a really silly question. I like the idea of tinted moisturiser but am not quite sure what to do. Do you put plain moisturiser on first or cut straight to the coloured stuff?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now