Advanced search

Poppers on a tape ? ?

(7 Posts)
bensmum3 Tue 18-Jan-05 10:27:06

Hi, I'm making some trousers and need some poppers , i've seen them on a fabric that you just sew in place, do you know the stuff i mean and any idea where i can get it on-line, as i can't get to the shops.

finleysmum Tue 18-Jan-05 10:39:16

Try American websites~i get most of my sewing stuff from there!.The Americans are more into homemade products than us brits so their selection is better.

starlover Tue 18-Jan-05 11:18:56

bear in mind they're called snaps in america not poppers!

bensmum3 Tue 18-Jan-05 19:48:16

I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but if I order from an American site, how do I pay ? Would it cost lots of import duty ? Can you recommend a site to visit thats easy to use and will export to the uk ?


starlover Wed 19-Jan-05 11:12:35

I don't know any specific sites for the things you want.
But, I have ordered things from america before and had no probs.
You will have to pay by credit/debit card... beware shipping costs though because I have found a lot of american sites charge way over the odds for shipping to the uk.
Obviously if anyone has any recommendations though you shouldn't have a prob!

littlema Wed 19-Jan-05 15:21:17

Hi, I normally get crafty type items from Fred Aldous in Manchester, try the website here Or give them a call, you can place an order over the phone.I'm based in London,and have found they always deliver quickly and are v. helpful.

finleysmum Sat 22-Jan-05 11:36:21

Sorry i haven't answered until now!.
I can highly recommend they ship anywhere in the world and post at cost.You would need a visa or mastercard to pay with.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: