Talk

Advanced search

Maclaren Techno - or not

(20 Posts)
Nimme Mon 17-Jan-05 20:24:31

I have a very small car and need a buggy for occasional use. It must be able to go flat and fold up very small.

Is the Maclaren Techno it - and the XT or the Classic???

IloveMarmite Mon 17-Jan-05 20:25:09

I have Maclaren Techno and it's just fine.

lockets Mon 17-Jan-05 20:26:33

Message withdrawn

franch Mon 17-Jan-05 20:30:18

Maclaren Volo for me - ULTRA lightweight

maretta Mon 17-Jan-05 20:45:52

I have one - I think the xt. i've been really pleased with it. The only problem is that if you recline the seat to the flat position you restrict all access to the shopping basket.

Ellaroo Mon 17-Jan-05 21:04:42

There is a new buggy out (see Mothercare website) called the Quinny Zapp that folds up so small it can go in the backseat footwell! It looks utterly gorgeous too - they don't show it with a hood, but apparently it does come with one. I want one...now how to accidently break my Maclaren Techno.....

lockets Mon 17-Jan-05 21:06:14

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Mon 17-Jan-05 21:09:16

My friend has done that twice, lucky cow got to buy 2 new buggies

lockets Mon 17-Jan-05 21:10:56

Message withdrawn

Ellaroo Mon 17-Jan-05 21:11:20

That is genius! However, Mothercare haven't got in their first order yet, so will wait a week or two. I've just realised it doesn't recline which is a bit of a bugger - can I justify style over comfort for an 8 month old????

nutcracker Mon 17-Jan-05 21:12:17

You mean you haven't heard.

I have 3 kids and so far have had 16 prams/pushchairs

nutcracker Mon 17-Jan-05 21:13:48

Am currently trying to see if i can fot another one in before i am buggyless forever.

Ds is 2.1, what do you think ??? His current buggy is about a year old i think and there is nothing wrong with it but i am bored with it now

lockets Mon 17-Jan-05 21:15:31

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Mon 17-Jan-05 21:19:02

Oooh not sure what my fave was, there have been that many i forget.
Haven't had a 3 wheeler yet but think i wouldn't get enough use out of it if i had one now, so i'll probably accidentaly break my current one and then buy another basic buggy........has to be a bargain too.

I even told dp i won one once, when really i'd brought it

monkeygirl Mon 17-Jan-05 21:20:42

Love the Techno XT but it's a real struggle getting it into our Polo boot.

galaxy Mon 17-Jan-05 21:39:49

We've got the Techno XT and think it's great

cas73 Mon 17-Jan-05 22:12:39

Ellaroo, that is brilliant!! There is an australian version though, called quicksmart, which is even smaller and lighter. They are really supposed to be for shopping or travelling as not really comfy, sort of like the quinny, but will be v v handy for planes!!. The company told me that they are supposed to be available in the uk early 2005 so I'll prob wait to see that price too.
here

maretta Mon 17-Jan-05 22:16:26

That looks fab. I already want one. How much are they?

bee3 Mon 17-Jan-05 22:46:05

Snap monkeygirl! Have just got a techno. It's brilliant - light, easy to fold, comfy for babe etc etc....but was surprised that it only just fits lengthwise into Polo boot. Need to jam wheels in recess bit at side.

Nimme Tue 18-Jan-05 08:59:07

Thank you all. So might not work for me then as the boot of a Polo has to be bigger than the boot of a Ford Ka. The Mac Quest fits in diagonally - only just.

But I can't relent and buy family car yet so will just have to collapse a seat.

Is there a difference between the XT and the Classic - that matters?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: