Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a filing cabinet that looks vaguely attractive?

(7 Posts)
frogs Sun 16-Jan-05 21:04:47

I need 4 drawers worth of filing space, but in something that doesn't make our spare room look like an out-take from The Office.

Any ideas, oh wise ones?

starlover Sun 16-Jan-05 21:38:56

here's a couple I found on froogle:

pc world business

furniture 123

or, John Lewis do some nice ones

moondog Sun 16-Jan-05 21:45:29

Do you know that you can take them to a garage and get them sprayed?! I currently have a couple of lockers and a cupboard salvaged from a school that was closing and plan to do this.

Another idea is to build a door (MDF) over them. In our home office we got the builder to put a huge thick piece of wood from one end to another as a desk and he then built cupboards into which we put some drawers and a filing cabinet.
Got some v groovy handles for the cupboards, stained the desk and painted the cupboards to match the walls.
Looks good-very sleek and coordinated.

The Holding Company do nice storage, also Muji which is v cheap.

pixiefish Sun 16-Jan-05 21:50:09

I've got the clarion very solid and well built plus they look better than the metal ones

JanH Sun 16-Jan-05 21:52:28

I used to have a really really cheap one from an office surplus place and painted it the same colour as the walls.

Or you could drape one in something tasteful?

Caligula Sun 16-Jan-05 22:02:18

IKEA do some good office stuff which you can look at on their website, and it doesn't cost a fortune.

morningpaper Sun 16-Jan-05 22:29:38

I've got a lovely one from Office World - nice beech veneer. Was 99 quid which I thought was billy bargain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now