Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a filing cabinet that looks vaguely attractive?

(7 Posts)
frogs Sun 16-Jan-05 21:04:47

I need 4 drawers worth of filing space, but in something that doesn't make our spare room look like an out-take from The Office.

Any ideas, oh wise ones?

starlover Sun 16-Jan-05 21:38:56

here's a couple I found on froogle:

pc world business

furniture 123

or, John Lewis do some nice ones

moondog Sun 16-Jan-05 21:45:29

Do you know that you can take them to a garage and get them sprayed?! I currently have a couple of lockers and a cupboard salvaged from a school that was closing and plan to do this.

Another idea is to build a door (MDF) over them. In our home office we got the builder to put a huge thick piece of wood from one end to another as a desk and he then built cupboards into which we put some drawers and a filing cabinet.
Got some v groovy handles for the cupboards, stained the desk and painted the cupboards to match the walls.
Looks good-very sleek and coordinated.

The Holding Company do nice storage, also Muji which is v cheap.

pixiefish Sun 16-Jan-05 21:50:09

I've got the clarion very solid and well built plus they look better than the metal ones

JanH Sun 16-Jan-05 21:52:28

I used to have a really really cheap one from an office surplus place and painted it the same colour as the walls.

Or you could drape one in something tasteful?

Caligula Sun 16-Jan-05 22:02:18

IKEA do some good office stuff which you can look at on their website, and it doesn't cost a fortune.

morningpaper Sun 16-Jan-05 22:29:38

I've got a lovely one from Office World - nice beech veneer. Was 99 quid which I thought was billy bargain.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: