Talk

Advanced search

ELC Happyland toys vs Fisher Price Little People

(40 Posts)
lunavix Sat 15-Jan-05 23:12:16

Which do everyone prefer?

pickledonion Sat 15-Jan-05 23:20:35

Happy land hands down - as most of the little people sets seems to be little complete sets as the happyland you can build on them to make a whole village

lunavix Sat 15-Jan-05 23:21:45

I have some of the little people ones but I find the people themselves a bit terrifying to look at and they break quite easily :c) SO just wondering if its worth a nice trip to elc

Hulababy Sat 15-Jan-05 23:22:53

Happy Land here too. We have a few bits now - house, farm, hospital, airport, emerency vehicles, construction vehicles, train set, road set and lots of people. DD (27 9m) loves it and has done since she got it around a year old. Friend's Ds has some Little People and it defintely doesn't seem as sturdy and well made as the Happy Land.

tillykins Sat 15-Jan-05 23:26:01

We have a little people train set which is nice - you can attach other little people sets to it

Wonder if the ELC happylands is compatible, their train set fits to the Brio one doesn't it?

tillykins Sat 15-Jan-05 23:26:41

Hulababy - your daughter is 27?

Fran1 Sun 16-Jan-05 00:04:26

Happy Land for sure, it has always been MY favourite toy and dd is just beginning to join in .

And it is nice and easy to buy extra bits for birthdays and christmas.

WestCountryLass Sun 16-Jan-05 00:18:27

We've got FP and we like it, I think the range of FP sets has expanded and you can buy smaller bits and bobs now.

LIZS Sun 16-Jan-05 06:54:13

We've got FP Little People. I like the way it evolves. dd - 3 - just got the castle,plus Knight and Princess sets for Christmas and she and ds -6 - play with it together. We also have Garage, House, Play Family town centre, School Bus, aeroplane, pink people carrier, stables ... My mum has some Happy street and they like it too but it seems a bit overly shiny and less robust.

Hulababy Sun 16-Jan-05 19:57:45

Ooops tillykinds - meant 2 oviously! Mind you DH likes it too and he is 31!

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 16-Jan-05 20:00:32

Happyland. We have....

Mr Bun's cake shop & tea rooms
The Hospital & accesories
The Post office
Farm animals
The Happyland play mat
30+ people and pets
3 vehicles
Trees

AND I'm currently bidding on another 4 sets on Ebay !!!!!

Evesmama Sun 16-Jan-05 20:23:11

dd got little people village and stables as christmas presents from friends and family and she loves them, also we got her happy land farm and friend bought her the 3 'diggers' with worky men! i think they're both great but little people aparently 'connect' together? doesnt really matter to her at min as only 21 months but i like the weeble type little people!! and i think i enjoy setting the scenario up mor than she does

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 16-Jan-05 20:27:12

Same here re setting the scene . I def spend more time setting it up than DD does playing with it. In fact she likes to pretend to be a 'big giant' and storm the town, she's 2y 5m ! She even shouts 'RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH' when trampling . I guess that comes of having 2 big brothers

Evesmama Sun 16-Jan-05 20:32:51

my dd like to sit on the whole town too!!!she makes the dog(her favourite) kiss the pig, the farmer, the skating boy.....and im like...dont put that there..it go's here,...no thats spoiled it...

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 16-Jan-05 20:34:20

<snigger>

We are one and the same....

katzguk Sun 16-Jan-05 20:36:12

another vote for happyland here we have the farm and vets but the vet does look like hitler!! we also have the little people stables which intergrates nciely with the happyland stuff

Evesmama Sun 16-Jan-05 20:37:15

im asking for the wedding chapel and the house for my birthday...aherm..i mean..getting dd for her birthday

honesly..what is it?, i really do like playing with it, saying that i had barbies and sindys(the fat authentic ones, not the skinny ones)when i was a kid and we had many a miss world competition going on in our house, the adventures they had..i remember once when the went on holiday in thier caravette which had a jaccuzi on the roof...and ken said......

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 16-Jan-05 20:41:00

rofl....

I'm bidding on a fishmongers, the pair of market stalls &

I'm debating whether to bid on the school set and the 'big house', too.... It;s great actually 'cos ELC only seem to run them for so long and then they bring out a new shop or whatever, so you can find discontinued bits at reasonable prices. But they do seem to hold their money quite well

Evesmama Sun 16-Jan-05 20:47:55

s.i.l has got loads from sedgefield car boot sale..really good condition too!, have you got any from the other thread on sale board?
i have got a voucher for 20% off anything in ELC between 7th jan and 28th feb when you spend over £20 if you're buying anything soon? if not, its up for grabs as i have friends working there and dont really need it??

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 16-Jan-05 20:51:19

I've had a look on the site and there's not much I fancy in there at the mo. We've got all the current HL stuff we want really. That's why I'm looking at used stuff on Ebay 'cos of the discontinued ones for more choice. But thanks for the offer

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 16-Jan-05 20:54:35

I want this one...

and this one.....

They're sooooooooo cute and DD gets at least 2 hours worth of play out of them every day

Evesmama Sun 16-Jan-05 21:06:15

aw, they are gorgeous!...dd will be 18 and saying..but mum..i want a car for my birthday and ill be like...but look...theres a new sweet shop out from happy land!

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 16-Jan-05 21:07:41

so true.....

blueteddy Sun 16-Jan-05 21:11:44

Some of the little people sets are half price in argos atm.
I think they have the house, farm & street at half price.
I am very tempted!

Evesmama Sun 16-Jan-05 21:16:11

toysrus have a sale on them too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now