Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good pedometer

(7 Posts)
Ellaroo Sat 15-Jan-05 22:08:57

I would if anyone could recommend a good one. I have seen one on Amazon called fitbug that looks fantastic, but wondered if anyone has got this and what they think of it. What should I look for? Thanks.

monkey Sun 16-Jan-05 12:05:09

good housekeeping magazine has little bit about it this month & recommends 3. don't have it hand. will report later if you want

monkey Sun 16-Jan-05 15:15:05

ok, so they rate silva ped plus, £14.95 www.silva.ltd.uk, oregon scientific pe316pm £15 from boots (this also measures pulse) & Omron hj-109-e £14.88 from white medical 01788 553904.

My one was from Argos & was shit & broke in a week. my previous one would have been great but kept resetting as no cover over reset button, so I'd make sure it has one

Flossam Sun 16-Jan-05 16:17:17

I got one cheap in the sale in superdrug. During a 15 minute walk it said I did 124 steps

Posey Sun 16-Jan-05 21:00:22

Got one for Christmas, its a Sportline one (www.sportline.com). Proline series, no.344.
Dh got it from John Lewis, said it was around £20.
It measures steps, miles, exercise time, calories used. Also has a safety alarm. I have found it to be very good, and often take the same route and it seems to measure reliably.

Earlybird Mon 17-Jan-05 00:08:06

I've got the Silva one, and it works well. Doesn't reset itself by accident, stays clipped on, and the clip isn't flimsy. Got it at a camping/outdoors shop. I would recommend it.

Ellaroo Mon 17-Jan-05 20:26:15

Thanks so much for your responses. Think I may get the fitbug one as apparently you can plug it into your computer at the end of each day and it uploads all your stats (calories, aerobic steps, normal steps, km travelled) to the fitbug website then turns them into nice graphs and piecharts and you can view your monthly progress etc - I think this kind of winkyness may be just the kind of silly incentive I need! It costs £25, but I'm working on the basis that money spent = weight lost....watch me shrink (if only it cost more)! I'll let you know how this theory ends up working... but whatever, it's less than a months subscription to a gym for what the Fitbug website claims to be the equivalent of a personal trainer. The other cool thing is that you don't have to wear it - you can carry it in your handbag and it will still count the steps (If things get bad I may slip it into dh's bag for a day as he walks to and from work and so that will keep my piecharts looking good at least).

Thanks again, Ellaroo x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now