Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy a parachute (toy, not for juming out of planes!)

(20 Posts)
Hulababy Sat 15-Jan-05 15:11:49

...like the ones they use at Tumble Tots and Gymboree, etc.

I know I can get one from Gymboree for £31, but wondered where else you can buy them and for how much.

Anyone seen any?

Bunglie Sat 15-Jan-05 15:19:05

I thought you could only hire them, a bit like bouncy castles.

Why don't you try somewhere like Headcorn airfield in kent, that is where the public can go an do a parachute jump for charity etc. They must have some old ones and I am sure that they would be glad to sell them, however I remember although they were the round parachute shape they were plain white....just a thought.

Bagpuss30 Sat 15-Jan-05 15:19:42

Are you talking about the big ones used for parachute play? If so try www.swissfridge.co.uk who do Little Life parachute play mats, smallest starts at about £25 IIRC. Was going to get one myself for the garden this summer, they look cool!

HTH

Hulababy Sat 15-Jan-05 16:16:57

Yes, I do mean the childrens ones. We use one at Gymboree each week. Thinking of getting one, mainly for DD's party but also other times.

I'll look at your link Bagpuss.

Gobbledigook Sat 15-Jan-05 16:24:09

Hulababy, I'm pretty sure they do them in ELC. Will go and investigate!

ScummyMummy Sat 15-Jan-05 16:31:06

Usually sell them in schools equipment catalogues- look under early years or special needs sections. Do you have access to these catalogues at school? Most companies will let you order as an individual.

LIZS Sat 15-Jan-05 17:37:49

elc did them last summer - perhaps wait until their new catalogue comes out end of the month. Think it was £15

Hulababy Sat 15-Jan-05 17:40:24

Thank you. Thought I have seen them somewhere, much cheaper. Any idea when summer catalgue comes out?

LIZS Sat 15-Jan-05 17:52:55

Not seen anything specifically yet but around 3rd week of January usually.

roisin Sat 15-Jan-05 21:27:20

Hulababy - we did buy one from ELC last year, and I think it was about £15. It's quite small - 8 handles I think - and not as robust as ones I've seen used at schools and in groups. But fine as a 'family' toy.

BUT they did have supply problems with it last year. It was in their spring/summer catalogue, but was not actually available until 10 May. (I know because we wanted one for ds2's birthday party on 8 May and had it on order for monthes ) So I'm not sure they will want to re-stock after their experiences last year.

Hulababy Sun 16-Jan-05 20:00:49

Hmmm, not so good then. I will keep looking!

WestCountryLass Sun 16-Jan-05 20:43:46

HTH:

http://www.sportswarehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Play_Parachutes.html

Hulababy Sun 16-Jan-05 20:45:02

That's excellent. Have bookmarked it for later use Thanks

Davros Mon 17-Jan-05 13:11:15

You could try Fledglings at www.fledglings.org.uk Although they supply products for people with special needs and disability I don't suppose they'd mind. I got one from them but can't remember how much it cost and i also got a book with parachute games. They are an excellent organisation, good service and very friendly. Just email them to ask for info.

roisin Mon 07-Feb-05 18:16:51

Hulababy - did you get your parachute? I've just seen them in new ELC catalogue, and they are in stock on the website.
Here: price is £15

Hulababy Mon 07-Feb-05 18:19:19

Not yet, but I did notice ELC have them for £15 in their catalogue, which we picked up yesterday. They are in stock on their website too. May order one very soon though, as don't want them to run out or see if I can get one instore.

roisin Tue 08-Feb-05 18:01:54

Quote promotion code SPRING online, and save £5 (on orders of £30+)

I had a real 'gulp' moment this week when I went in ELC and realised that almost all the toys were now 'too young' for my boys, and the ones that aren't we already have!

Hulababy Tue 08-Feb-05 18:08:49

Thanks roisin; do you know how long it lasts for?

roisin Tue 08-Feb-05 18:20:35

Til 31 July 2005

Hulababy Tue 08-Feb-05 18:20:57

Fantastic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now