Talk

Advanced search

Frost Free Fridge Freezer any recommendations?

(17 Posts)
Linnet Sat 15-Jan-05 00:15:59

We're looking to buy a new Fridge Freezer, frost free preferably, can't be doing with defrosting the freezer and never seem to find the time to do it anyway.

Has anyone bought one recently or can anyone recommend one?

Thank You

kid Sat 15-Jan-05 17:21:31

We are buying one from Currys at the end of this month. It costs about £329, its silver and frost free. Its a tall one, not sure how I'm going to reach the top shelf but it looks lovely anyway!

BadHair Sat 15-Jan-05 17:26:32

Ooh yes, ours, its fab. Its a Daewoo, \link{http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/curpage.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0311921630.1105809773@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcadddihijmiicflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=ProductList&categoryoid=-19404&search=match&criterion=daewoo\either the second or third of these. Its frost free, fridge is at the top, freezer at the bottom and its, um, really good.

BadHair Sat 15-Jan-05 17:27:34

link again , sorry

Beccles Sat 15-Jan-05 21:40:32

Message withdrawn

Evesmama Sat 15-Jan-05 21:42:12

hotpoint ffa90 - 'big boy fridge freezer!, loads of storage!

Slinky Sat 15-Jan-05 21:44:39

This is mine - we bought it in September

here\link{http://www.boschappliances.co.uk/productdetail.asp?type=FF&cat=Fridge+Freezers&product_ref=KSU%2049630}

Slinky Sat 15-Jan-05 21:45:28

Try again !!

here

Slinky Sat 15-Jan-05 21:46:11

have a look at this

Slinky Sat 15-Jan-05 21:46:46

Hurrah - got there in the end

hunkermunker Sat 15-Jan-05 21:52:07

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING BY SAMSUNG. Yes, I know that's in caps - it's that important! Ours was CRAP.

We now have Bosch Exxcel and it's MUCH better.

The saga of our Samsung involved a 7-month-pregnant woman (me), a fridge that never got below 10 degrees, a freezer that never got above minus 30 degrees, John Lewis sending out five engineers (one said to defrost it and let it cool again and it would work - it didn't, one rehung the door (wtf?!) and said it would work - it didn't, one got lost and didn't find our house (it's only been here since 1934...) and another rang our home number, despite being given my mobile so I could ring someone to let him in (I was at work)).

Eventually we got it replaced (John Lewis said they would waive the charge to take our old one away(!) and I stood there and looked heavily pregnant and immovable until they said we didn't have to pay the extra for our new Bosch one too). It arrived, the delivery guys snapped the front off the old one getting it out of the house, then reversed into it with their van(!). The Bosch has been brilliant and I wish we'd had it in the first place.

Phew. That was the short version too

hunkermunker Sat 15-Jan-05 21:53:55

Ours is this one:

Bosch fridge freezer

hunkermunker Sat 15-Jan-05 21:54:58

Ooh - fifth engineer...in case you were wondering (you weren't) - he arrived two days after our Bosch was delivered, rang my mobile at work and was actually really friendly, even when I told him he was surplus to requirements!

tillykins Sat 15-Jan-05 21:55:59

We got a BEKO three years ago, had never heard of it and it was quite cheap so I was a bit sceptical. Never had a moments trouble with it, its fabulous

tillykins Sat 15-Jan-05 22:12:32

And don't buy anything by Ariston - our washing machine is Ariston and its always breaking down. It conks that often, we have got quite good at fixing it ourselves

pixel Sat 15-Jan-05 22:40:46

Oh I loved my Ariston washing machine! We had it in our pub for 10 years working all day every day. It did clothes for 5 people plus loads of bar towels, glass cloths, kitchen cloths etc. Also VERY large curtains, even horse rugs. It even survived a serious fire. We've just passed it on to the new owners looking the worse for wear (scorch marks!) but still in working order.

Don't know what their fridge-freezers are like though. We've just bought a Hotpoint which seems ok so far.

Gwenick Sat 15-Jan-05 22:45:43

We've got a Candy (frost free) have had it almost 4yrs now and although we're about to replace it it's still in EXCELLENT condition - the only reason we're going to replace is because we need a bigger one - there was only DH, me and 6 month baby then - there's now a big eating 4yr old and a big eating 13 month old (both boys in the house). Probably going to get one of those 'American' style Fridge/Freezers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now