Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

bath seat

(8 Posts)
Ellaroo Thu 13-Jan-05 22:25:26

Hello, I wonder if anyone can tell me about those bath seats that a baby can sit upright in that's round with some beads to play with at the front. I am interested in one for my 9 month old ds, but want to know a couple of things:
What sort of age are they safe until?
Are they safe? - can the child tip the whole thing up if they reach out for something in the water in front of them?

Thanks

KatieMac Thu 13-Jan-05 22:29:12

I used one when my DD wasn't sitting up properly - but she kept leaning over and it left marks on her. When she could sit up - I didn't feel she needed it...

But that doesn't answer your questions ...sorry

Davros Thu 13-Jan-05 22:31:29

I've got a Tomy one with very firm suckers that fix to the bottom of the bath. Found it wonderful with both children. I know some people dont see the point but it just leaves your hands free to play with or wash the baby and you can step away to get a towel etc.

franch Thu 13-Jan-05 22:32:04

I think they're quite safe - they have suckers on the bottom - but only really suitable for babies who are at the sitting supported stage. We put ours in the loft once DD was sitting unaided - it hampered her too much and was pretty much impossible to get her in and out of.

PicadillyCircus Thu 13-Jan-05 22:35:54

My DS had one from about 6.5 months (before he could sit up unsupported) until he was about 9 months or so I think. He is a slender baby but by then his legs got stuck when I got him out and I realised that he was fine on a bath mat and enjoyed it more.

But it was very good when he couldn't sit up on his own.

Angeliz Thu 13-Jan-05 22:36:32

My dd had gorgeous chuncky thighs which seemed to stick on the way out so we didn't use it much.

Little sumo wrestler she was, i think they are a great idea though

mishi1977 Thu 13-Jan-05 22:36:54

hi ella
they are safe but like someone else said my ds hated it as he used to slip and catch his willy...instead i put a non slip bath mat on the bottom and he sat up on it..at the time he used it for about a month from 5mths to 6...he was good at sitting up so actually prefered being free...the mat is great as it makes the bottom not slippy

Carameli Fri 14-Jan-05 09:36:58

I've got this one bath seat
and dd is now 15mths and still loves it. She does not really need it now but its great to use when I am washing her hair and she hates that happening so the balls take her mind off whats happening.
It also gives me free hands to wash and reach for a towel without worrying. Our bath is very slippery so if we did not use that I'd probably need a bath mat so I think they are great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now