Talk

Advanced search

1st birthday present for second child? (i.e. we have too much stuff already!)

(10 Posts)
Gem13 Thu 13-Jan-05 11:40:07

DD will be turning 1 next month and I am at a loss as to what to buy her or to suggest to relatives.

We have loads of toys for DS (18 months older so relatively new toys) and we're planning to move soon so I don't want to acquire too much 'stuff'.

That said she was given a lot of clothes for Christmas. I felt a bit sorry for her as she's very aware and there wasn't much fun to her present unwrapping!

LIZS Thu 13-Jan-05 11:44:23

How about a few more girly toys such as a basic dolly and pushchair or something which adds on to a toy ds has such as Little People or Happy Street house - these are normally fairly self contained - or collectable books such as Angelina Ballerina or little Miss which won't take up space but will be nice to have later on.

elliott Thu 13-Jan-05 11:49:55

For ds2 we got one big birthday present - a ride on wooden train - I'd had my eye on it for ds1 but thought it too expensive then.
I would imagine you will be inundated with dolls and clothes since you now have a dd. We got lots of books (which tbh we didn't really need) but also a couple fo nice jigsaws and some musical instruments - the latter a good idea as its something they can both do together. Then there are always things they need their 'own' of like soft toys.

starlover Thu 13-Jan-05 11:52:11

I agree with others about just one big present... maybe grandparents could go in with you to buy something really special?
You could suggest to relatives and friends that they put money into a savings account for her... that way you (or her!) can use the money later when it may be more appreciated than on toys.

lowcalCOD Thu 13-Jan-05 11:52:48

I get stuff otu fo the tloft and give ti to ehtm and shove money in their account

lowcalCOD Thu 13-Jan-05 11:52:57

out of the loft

lowcalCOD Thu 13-Jan-05 11:53:27

and tell older sister that she ( younger)gets money

Yurtgirl Thu 13-Jan-05 12:44:55

Message withdrawn

Yurtgirl Thu 13-Jan-05 12:52:19

Message withdrawn

Stilltrue Thu 13-Jan-05 14:05:04

Could your rellies club together to get a little trike in a girly colour? Maybe one with a "parent's push bar". When my dd turned one she loved a push along dog on wheels; it was big enough to be special, but as i recall it didn't cost a fortune.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now