Talk

Advanced search

Which baby monitors?

(14 Posts)
tassis Wed 12-Jan-05 14:05:51

Need new baby monitors. Has anyone got any recommendations? Thanks.

NameChangingMancMidlander Wed 12-Jan-05 14:06:20

I like the Philips Digital ones. Not too expensive either.

lockets Wed 12-Jan-05 14:07:45

Message withdrawn

lockets Wed 12-Jan-05 14:12:18

Message withdrawn

jibberjabber Wed 12-Jan-05 14:13:27

I have this one - bottom of the page. It is superb as if I hear Ds having a little moan I can shhhh him back to sleep again and it has lullabys too which he loves

seehere

tassis Thu 13-Jan-05 10:21:12

£120!!!! Sorry that's rather more that I'd planned to spend. Any recommendations for under £50?

Waswondering Thu 13-Jan-05 10:42:30

I have the Tomy classic walkabout analogue monitors and have found it brilliant. Yes it's basic but I don't feel I need to know the temp in the nursery as my grobag thermometer does that. I have put ds down for a sleep at E's house using her Tomy digital monitor, but didn't like it at all as if the digital bit couldn't get a signal it cut out all together - so there were periods of silence from the monitor punctuated by DS crying. That may be because it was trying to hear him through 2 granite walls (we were outside!) but I eventually gave in as I couldn't trust whether he was settling or still upset.

The light display on my monitor is great - flickers if he makes a proper noise, not a sleep noise iyswim, is accurate, and as a result we have it on mute in our room so that if we "think" we heard him in the night, the monitor will bear it out. Also has worked well in hotels.

Downside is that it can go through batteries relatively quickly. But hey!

Kinders Thu 13-Jan-05 10:55:31

I have the Angel Care monitor which comes with a sensor pad that lies under the mattress. Wouldn't be without it - very reassuring.

tassis Thu 13-Jan-05 12:47:36

Thanks. Anyone else? Not keen on Tomy...

bunnyrabbit Thu 13-Jan-05 14:46:24

Definitely think the Philips digital is worth the extra money. I saw it in Costco for £70.

Never had any probs with signal, even at the bottom of the garden and my friend and I can use both our monitors in the same house with no problems.

The parent bit is small and rechargable and the baby unit can use mains or batteries, so I've even put it in the car in the garden when DS had fallen asleep!!

It also has both sensitivity and volume setting, so I can turn the sensitivity down so I don't hear DS 'rustling' but leave the volume up so any other noises, murmurs etc, still come through loud and clear.

BR

bunnyrabbit Thu 13-Jan-05 14:48:12

78.99 at toyrus although they are out of stock at the mo...

BR

biglips Thu 13-Jan-05 15:11:27

ive got Tomy walkabout classic as its in the kitchen plugged into the mains as ive got a big house and im deaf too, so i dont carry it around with me all the time, only now and again if im outside but i can hear it from the kitchen as its loud.. ive had it for 3 months and the batteries only just starting to go down.

biglips Thu 13-Jan-05 15:13:19

and its £29.75 from argos

jibberjabber Fri 14-Jan-05 10:42:15

Tassis, I wouldn't pay £120 for a monitor either we got ours for £40 from e bay - sorry for the confusuion, just sent you the link so that you could see the features

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now