Talk

Advanced search

E-BAY - Baby Einstein 1 & 2 DVD Boxset NEW ..........anyone bought it?

(11 Posts)
egypt Wed 12-Jan-05 13:59:25

Anyone bought these? Seems a great deal but are they ok?

egypt Wed 12-Jan-05 13:59:48

cost £30 btw!

weightwatchingwaterwitch Wed 12-Jan-05 14:00:19

Don't know about ebay but I like most of the baby Einstein, they mesmerise dd.

weightwatchingwaterwitch Wed 12-Jan-05 14:00:34

No idea what they should cost though.

egypt Wed 12-Jan-05 14:03:47

we have the baby mozart and she loves it but wanted some more

lilsmum Wed 12-Jan-05 14:16:51

ive been tempted by these on ebay, but didnt go for it because most of them are shipped from japan!! im just very wary though, and on some of them if you look the postage is ridiculous to make up for the auction being so cheap

Piffle Wed 12-Jan-05 14:24:08

My Dh warned me off eastren shipping of cds and dvds as they are often incompatible with european dvd players.
Checking feedback is a good way, you usually find that somewhere along the line the word fake is used.
Hubby so certain he stumped up for total sets via Amazon!

egypt Wed 12-Jan-05 14:47:11

thank u

Coj Wed 12-Jan-05 19:43:22

We bought our box set on Ebay in summer. £29 with postage I think. Came from Japan I think & the seller was new to Ebay. The day after we got a mail from Ebay fraud squad saying "we advise you not to do business with this person."
We presumed we had lost the money after that, and guess what? They turned up within a few days & are brilliant.
Ds interacts with them & I think they are more stimulating than watching Tweenies! the music is very soothing (I have often nodded off with Ds on lap!)

Amanda3266 Wed 12-Jan-05 19:45:47

Hi there,

We got ours from e-bay too. We bought them from a chap in Dorset who obviously gets them from the far east. However, they arrived rapidly, in excellent (as described) condition and DS loves them. Much better than paying the rip off price that Mothercare et al charge.

Mandy

piximon Fri 14-Jan-05 20:13:04

We got ours from Ebay and I have mixed feelings. Ours are quite obvious fakes and if you look closley along the edge you can see the names of other titles they must make including "9&1/2 weeks". They also came all dumped in one case which was broken and a few discs didn't work.
The seller did send me replacements discs for the broken ones (after I returned them) but I wish I'd just bought proper copies and not had the hassle really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now