Talk

Advanced search

tandem double pushchair

(6 Posts)
vivie Wed 12-Jan-05 13:14:00

Hi

I thought I would be able to get away with a buggy board on my single 3 wheeler but no.... Ds1 is 2.1 and ds2 is 8 weeks and I'm finding that ds1 can't / won't stand on the board as long as I want him to, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a double buggy. Has anyone got any recommendations?

It has to be a tandem style to fit through our front door or back gate and I walk a lot so it needs to be tough, easily steerable, and have a good shopping basket. Oh, and it has to be able to fit in my handbag when folded .....

I had a look at the Graco and Mothercare versions at the weekend and they look okay, but I was concerned that the back seat doesn't look very long and ds2 looked as if he would be too tall for it before he was big enough to sit up. Has anyone had this trouble with a big baby?

Thanks everyone.
vivie

eeyore123 Wed 12-Jan-05 13:16:47

hi. i used the graco stadium duo. baby has to go in the back and toddler on the front. It can get heavy, but i found that once the baby was old enough to sit up and go in the front it is easier. maybe buy one second hand? it might not last long if your toddler turns out to be a walker.

Pamina3 Wed 12-Jan-05 13:18:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tommy Wed 12-Jan-05 13:20:07

I know quite a few people with a 3 wheeler tandem buggy from Index - apparently very reasonably priced too. Haven't tried it myself but I would definitely look into it if I ever need to get another double!

sfg Thu 13-Jan-05 10:38:04

if you want a double decker 3 wheeler try www.practicalpushchairs.co.uk - I think your older child can sit in it as long as any other pushchair. ours is great at the moment, but then ds1 is not yet 2 and ds2 is only 2 months old

vivie Fri 14-Jan-05 13:33:30

thanks everyone. I've arranged to have a go with a Graco one at the weekend. There really doesn't seem to be much choice does there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now