Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Decent children's plates and bowls

(19 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Tue 11-Jan-05 18:23:55

Message withdrawn

pickledonion Tue 11-Jan-05 18:25:48

we got dd some ballerina ones from wilko's 99p each for plates and bowls and there not a bad deisgn on them -there melamine as well

Merlin Tue 11-Jan-05 18:29:43

Asda? - not sure what designs they have at mo - did have lovely Beatrix Potter/Peter Rabbit ones a while ago.

Fran1 Tue 11-Jan-05 18:36:27

I have the same prob, i'm looking for some that go in the dishwasher too.

The ones i have aren't supposed to go in so there tacky pics are peeling off and i don't think thats good for hygiene either!!

Sort of resorted to using china plates more lately.

jangly Tue 11-Jan-05 18:36:57

There's some lovely stuff here here

CountessDracula Tue 11-Jan-05 18:38:03

and /link{http://www.urchin.co.uk/acatalog/Eating.html\here}

CountessDracula Tue 11-Jan-05 18:38:22

bugger

here

Yorkiegirl Tue 11-Jan-05 18:39:35

Message withdrawn

Marina Wed 12-Jan-05 18:00:39

Like those Urchin sets too but have now bravely gone the china route with some Villeroy and Boch Noah's Ark remainder plates. V pretty and tough. Suddenly had ENOUGH of plastic.

KateandtheGirls Wed 12-Jan-05 18:03:50

My kids just use regular plates like me (not the fine china of course!).

Yorkiegirl Wed 12-Jan-05 18:23:12

Message withdrawn

lulupop Wed 12-Jan-05 18:38:59

the link Jangly provided is a shop in my town, which does indeed sell v nice stuff but it's only the same character melamine stuff that can be bought (more cheaply) elsewhere.

Mothercare do a good selection.

The character type plates may offend an adult's aesthetics, but I find children adore them (ds is 3) and we've got a few different ones so they can all choose what plate to have their tea off when they come round.

For a plain thing, the best one I've found for a baby who wants to feed herself but is a bit uncoordinated (!) is the baby bjorn one. I got mine from Mini Marvellous but I've just looked on their site and can't find it there now.

it's good though as it's a good chunky flat shape which is hard to either knock over or push off the table.

FineFigureFio Wed 12-Jan-05 18:43:40

my asda ones have lasted for ages

KateandtheGirls Thu 13-Jan-05 15:49:01

Ah, I see what you mean Yorkiegirl!

Kayleigh Thu 13-Jan-05 15:53:59

I got melamine plates from Woolies ages ago and they are great. I have got blue ones. IIRC they were picnic plates from a picnic range. They are dinner plate size, but are ideal for kids and go in dishwasher.

nailpolish Thu 13-Jan-05 15:54:48

asda have peter rabbit ones and whittards have nice mermaid ones

muminlondon Thu 13-Jan-05 16:05:58

Asda! they're the best I've found so far.

DillyDally Thu 13-Jan-05 16:11:03

Countess...I had been looking for nice cutlery set for ages as DD grabs my fork all the time..so bought from urchin (snuck in a spotty potty too ) Thankyou

seb1 Thu 13-Jan-05 16:15:15

Lidl are do this from 20/1/05

disney plates

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: