Talk

Advanced search

car insurance

(14 Posts)
Carameli Tue 11-Jan-05 13:50:27

has anyone got any advice about who gives the best deals. I am with Norwich at the moment but making a list to ring around others before I renew with them.

any ideas?

gingerbear Tue 11-Jan-05 13:51:45

we are with esure - look on their website - quote online.

gingerbear Tue 11-Jan-05 13:52:10

Didn't they 'Quote you happy' then?

fruitful Tue 11-Jan-05 13:54:20

Some good advice from the MoneySavingExpert site. And links to car insurance comparison sites.

Carameli Tue 11-Jan-05 13:54:24

hehehe yes its a decent quote but I am just wary about just going with one quote so want to ring a couple of thoers just to be sure.

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 11-Jan-05 13:54:39

Tesco have been great for us for the last 2 years. However this year we got a quote from First Assure and they came back £200 cheaper! I think it depends on what car you have though with them and your age.

louli Tue 11-Jan-05 13:55:33

Hi, we used elephant this time and they were much cheaper than anyone else

elephant

scabbymeister Tue 11-Jan-05 14:08:32

Log in to confused.com. You put in all of your details once and they trawl through loads of insurers to find you the cheapest quote. I was with elephant last year as they were really cheap but tried to put it up by £150 this year so I went with Admiral(same company) they were the cheapest - it doesn't make any sense.

Bellie Tue 11-Jan-05 14:12:53

I'm with admiral too after ringing around loads - Norwich Union didn't quote me happy - they were over £100 dearer!!

Carameli Tue 11-Jan-05 14:37:08

thanks for all these ideas, I will get on to them and have a look now.

starlover Tue 11-Jan-05 15:56:23

DP uses tesco.. they've been fantastic..

Companies i would recommend you don't touch with a barge pole:
The AA- they're actually a broker, I ended up being insured with a company called Groupama who were AWFUL when someone ran into me in a car park. The AA wouldn't even talk to me and said they couldn't contact groupama so I had to do it all myself!

Admiral- similar reason to above! Didn't even get a certificate of insurance for over 6 months!

Have now decided that it isn't worth going with the cheapest I can find... but sticking with someone that comes recommended!

Carameli Tue 11-Jan-05 16:55:20

Newbarnsleygirl, where is first assure I cannot seem to find them.

Prettybird Tue 11-Jan-05 17:04:59

BellDirect were fantastic - miles cheaper tha any of the others I looked at.

charleypops Tue 11-Jan-05 17:37:26

I'm insured with Diamond - they only insure women, but I think dhs and dps can go on as named drivers. It was the cheapest I found for me last year. Boring isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now