Advanced search

consumer rights question.... what can i do???

(7 Posts)
lilsmum Mon 10-Jan-05 12:02:28

for my birthday last july, dp bought me a ring from asda "off" had a small stone in it, and i have just noticed the stone has come out, i cant find it, and also dp cant find the reciept (typical man!!!)with the ring being only 6 mth old can i do anything about it? get a replacement etc??

charlie01 Mon 10-Jan-05 12:11:25

Perhaps a credit card/bank statement would do the job? I'd definitely give it go, asda are usually really good about things like that. Do you know if they still sell the same one?

lilsmum Mon 10-Jan-05 12:12:54

i havent got a clue if they still sell it, cant believe the stones fallen out wont buy jewellery from asda ever lol, he paid cash

starlover Mon 10-Jan-05 12:26:39

If it is an Asda ring (ie, only they sell it) then they should do something about it regardless of whether you have a receipt because it is faulty.
I would take it back into the store and ask if you can get a replacement or your money back. If they refuse then write to their head office and ask... usually works!

lilsmum Mon 10-Jan-05 12:39:22

do u think it would matter which store i took it back too? its just the one it was bought from is miles away, i have another asda quite near to me

charlie01 Mon 10-Jan-05 12:48:50

You could try it, only problem might be that they dont/have never sold it? You could explain where it came from and suggest they ring if they're funny about it though?

starlover Mon 10-Jan-05 12:50:33

most places will take back things that were bought in another store, but as charlie01 says, you may not be able to get a replacement if they don't stock it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: