Talk

Advanced search

Help - Need a rustly, crinkly blanket type thing!!!

(10 Posts)
NorfolkTurkey Sat 08-Jan-05 11:22:26

My DD is 8 months and absolutely loves the rustle of paper, carrier bags - you know the sort of thing. Christmas day she was more happy with a pile of wrapping paper than her presents!!

I've got books and toys that have the crinkly, rustly stuff which she likes but I would really love to get a blanket made of the same stuff.

I would really appreciate any ideas!!

karenanne Sat 08-Jan-05 11:39:26

if you can sew why not make your own?

just get two bits of material or pram sheets and sew a piece of plastic /plastic bag into it.i would imagine it would work.

finleysmum Sat 08-Jan-05 12:07:12

Why not ask Sue @ booboonappies to make one?.
HERE

TheDragon Sat 08-Jan-05 12:48:10

The crinkly noise things tend to be non-washable though. Maybe you need to make a blanket with a crinkly insert that you (and only you) can remove for washing...

KatieMac Sat 08-Jan-05 13:18:15

Or even a pillowcase stuffed with stuff and folded over and pinned or tacked shut

NorfolkTurkey Sat 08-Jan-05 17:10:22

Thank you for your ideas! I might try the carrier bag idea although my sewing isn't great!

finleysmum - tried the link but it didn't work. I wouldn't mind having a look and see what this Sue can do.

Thank you!

finleysmum Tue 11-Jan-05 09:10:31

Hi,sorry the link didn't work!.The site is booboonappies.wahmall.co.uk

smellymelly Tue 01-Feb-05 15:44:10

Just found this, and was a little concerned about the carrier bag idea, surely that would be a suffocation risk??

starlover Tue 01-Feb-05 17:05:58

not if it's sewn into a blanket...

chonky Tue 01-Feb-05 17:15:42

What about a foil blanket (the sort that get handed out at the end of marathons for runners)? My dd has one and loves it, £3.99 from Milletts.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: