Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a Henry ?????

(16 Posts)
shortcake Thu 06-Jan-05 22:18:15

Just thinking about buying a Numatics Henry Vacuum Cleaner. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between the red one and the green one - except the colour of course! - every website I look at gives them a different power - either 1000W, 1100W or 1200W. It is just the basic Henry HV200 I am considering . Are you happy with him - or are you sick of his smug little face!!!???

misdee Thu 06-Jan-05 22:19:21

used henry when i was a school cleaner. they are ok. but my boss refused to buy the bags for them half the time, so we had bagles shenrys that didnt work properly

furballmad Thu 06-Jan-05 22:20:06

got a very old recon Henry and it is great. Previously had a dyson never again. The red Henry is the most popular and very goog.

furballmad Thu 06-Jan-05 22:20:28

sorry very good

miggy Thu 06-Jan-05 22:23:35

We have a Henry and a dyson. Bought the henry when the dyson was in one of its many not working periods. The Henry is fab on hard surfaces, his little square head thing goes right up to the edges, he never gets bunged up and has really good suction. On carpet however, he doesnt compare to the dyson. I use the dyson upstairs where we have mainly carpet, and the henry downstairs-mainly hard floors. We have pets.
hth

GeorginaA Thu 06-Jan-05 22:24:39

Does anyone have the wet & dry henry? (A Charles?) Any good?

How do wet & dry ones work - do you shove carpet shampoo in it?

(I'm a carpet cleaning ignoramus, obviously. Sitting here freezing with the windows open after using stain remover on the multiple ds2 sick patches - there's got to be a better way)

shortcake Thu 06-Jan-05 22:25:05

That is really helpful - we are the same carpet up and hardfloors down. What colour Henry have you?

doggiewalker Thu 06-Jan-05 22:45:58

Oh you've made me miss my Henry. I gave him to my sister 4 years ago when we upgraded to a Dyson. The kids still miss Henry. Actually though, the Dyson is better on carpets, especially with all the dog hair.

wild Thu 06-Jan-05 23:19:37

We have a Henry, I just checked and its yellow. Does that mean its a v old model? seems to work OK. Don't like seeing all the dirt whizzing around in a Dyson.

marthamoo Thu 06-Jan-05 23:22:49

Did you see this thread, shortcake? Lots about Henrys on there. I want a red one!

shortcake Fri 07-Jan-05 13:26:37

I couldn'yt resist any longer - have ordered one from Tesco - but now wish I had gone to collect one cos I want to start hoovering now!!!!!!!

JanH Fri 07-Jan-05 16:34:25

Yellow is just an alternative, wild - and cheaper for some reason - see here , this one says it's yellow, lol! (The real red one is dearer!!!)

edam Fri 07-Jan-05 16:51:00

I'm with the 'Henry is better than Dyson' school - just bought a Henry as fed up with Dyson not doing the job properly (especially since blasted dh broke the big that you attach the various heads to). Builders use Henrys to clear all their plaster dust which is a good enough recommendation for me.

marthamoo Fri 07-Jan-05 16:51:37

I want one. A red one. My dh is so mean...

shortcake Fri 07-Jan-05 16:57:08

Mine is red - but I can't wait for it to arrive - I've never been so excited about cleaning!!!!

MistressMary Fri 07-Jan-05 17:11:41

I love my Henry!
He is so good and his smile makes cleaning a joy!
Okay I'm going a bit over the top there, but it is is a good value hoover. And doesn't mind getting knocked about either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now