Advanced search

Nerdy techy question about dictation machines

(3 Posts)
frogs Thu 06-Jan-05 21:25:07

For reasons too long and tedious to go into, I have in front of me a Philips dictation machine and minicassette, the contents of which I need to load into my computer.

Unfortunately the headphone socket of the dictaphone is too small to take a standard minijack (ie. headphone pluggy thing). Does anyone happen to know what the connector/jack is called that I need to make this machine talk to me, and (ideally) where I can get it from?

ks Thu 06-Jan-05 21:28:23

Message withdrawn

frogs Thu 06-Jan-05 21:35:17

Thanks! I think I have just worked out that it's a 2.5mm to 3.5 mm adaptor, where 3.5 mm is the normal jack size and 2.5 mm is the irritating nonstandard size some dictaphones use. If I'm v. v. lucky, a spotty teenager in Currys will know what I'm talking about...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: