Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you get carrot etc stains out of clothes?

(12 Posts)
sweetkitty Thu 06-Jan-05 17:40:35

So far I am using Vanish spray followed by a 60degree wash with Fairy Non Bio and it is not removing the carrot/any orange stains from DDs (and my) clothes?

Any recommendations?

Also when can you start using bio powder? Shall I buy some as a test and see if she reacts to it?

starlover Thu 06-Jan-05 17:47:52

I have not had to deal with carrot stains, but I use shout spray which is fantastic... haven't had a stain it can't deal with yet!

AuntyQuated Thu 06-Jan-05 17:54:30

if all else fails - try Milton

Davros Thu 06-Jan-05 18:10:39

I use Vanish Oxyaction. Wet the garment, not too much water, and sprinkle the granules on direct. Gets everything out, inc tea! Might try Shout spray now as I like new product

jane313 Thu 06-Jan-05 19:52:00

Vanish spray worked for me on a 40 degree wash!

MrsBigD Thu 06-Jan-05 19:52:52

soak in nappisan overnight and put a good measure of it in the wash. Also wash with pre-wash.

alternatively... buy lots of orange tops

sweetkitty Fri 07-Jan-05 12:15:25

thanks for the ideas - why is it only me who can't get stains out??

MrsBigD Sat 08-Jan-05 16:06:17

it's isn't, but for me it's second time round so I learned the hard way

mum28 Sat 08-Jan-05 16:20:04

Could i just butt in and ask all of you if you know of any ways to get chocolate stains and tom and baked bean sauce off clothes.DD nearly 4 likes to wipe her mouth on her sleeves!.I use shout spray,this helps but doesn't totally remove the marks.Any ideas?.

MrsBigD Sat 08-Jan-05 18:06:33

yet again... napisan soak... alternatively get a pull on bib with sleeves

northstar Sat 08-Jan-05 18:11:06

I was looking through ds's clothes in the loft when i put the decorations away and all the 0-3 stuff is beautiful and then all the 3-6mth stuff is ORANGE. Carroty orange. So, no, i'm afraid i'm of no help whatsoever sorry

marz Sat 08-Jan-05 19:47:00

NO help....just more stain obsessions!!
Mine are, tomatoes, banana, orange/tangerine just to name a few....end up stripping children to eat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now