Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

which cream to use for child who used to have ecezma?

(12 Posts)
roller Thu 06-Jan-05 12:13:45

My dd had slight ecezma (SP?!) but even though slight it was a major problem if we didn't use diprobase and special bubble bath for her. Now however she has grown out of it as HV thought she might. Trouble is I don't like any of the creams I have used for her - they don't irritate her but just don't seem to stop her skin from feeling a bit dry. Anyone out there able to suggest anything they use? (Just bought so many creams and then not been happy with them.) Don't want to stick to ecezma creams when dd doesn't seem to need them anymore.

GreatBigFatHeiferEnid Thu 06-Jan-05 12:16:24

dd2 has excema which she grew out of - we used 'normal' bubble baths but recently the excema has come back, particularly on her cheeks and behind her knees so we have gone back to Diprobase.

I always kept using E45 or often just pure almond oil on her even when she was clear of it.

Loobie Thu 06-Jan-05 19:40:44

Ds has mild exzema too and i use aveeno cream for him,we get it from the docs so not sure if you can buy it over the counter,butit is excellent,its made by johnson and johnson.

roller Fri 07-Jan-05 11:27:59

thanks for your replies I love the idea of being able to use nice looking kiddies creams but think I better stick to E45 for now. Not sure about Johnson and Johnson as was told ages ago that they can irritate it but if doctor's subscribe it then will think again. thanks.

kid Fri 07-Jan-05 11:34:07

we used Oilatum on DD's mild excema. There are loads of different versions you can buy and it really did work. She had it mainly on her face but has outgrown it now. I think you may be able to get a free sample from their webbsite?

Loobie Fri 07-Jan-05 14:38:43

Be aware that oilatum cream has arachis oil in its ingredients so if you/r child has a peanut allergy its not safe to use.My ds was prescribed it by the doc and i realised before i put in on him that it contained the arachis oil,just as well as ds has a peanut allergy and has to carry an epipen everywhere [angry[ at docs.

nasa Fri 07-Jan-05 14:40:54

allergenics is really good. YOu can get it from larger branches of boots - all natural ingredients (i saw it recommended in observer i think)

roller Tue 11-Jan-05 12:03:28

allergenics sounds interesting will look out for it thanks nana and everyone. sorry nasa been watching too much eastenders!

Beetroot Tue 11-Jan-05 12:05:11

Message withdrawn

woodpops Tue 11-Jan-05 12:21:01

Doublebase or cetraban for ds. Fingers crossed dd seems to have got away without it. I have ecezma and ds has inherited (sp) that from me (lucky him). I can't even use E45 on my skin as it burns. And huggies bum wips are awful. Used them and within an hour of using them my hands were itching like hell. That night I scratched them that much in my sleep my hands were just 2 big scabs the following morning and I couldn't even bend my fingers. I'd really reccomend doublebase though, it's a cross between a gel and a cream and not greasy.

princesspeahead Tue 11-Jan-05 12:24:29

can i highly highly recommend aveeno? I have two exceptionally excema children and it is wonderful. It is oat based, and very gentle and healing. makes my hands feel great too. e45 is too harsh for them. aveeno was only recently bought by j&j so it isn't tarred with their brush IYKWIM (I don't use ANY other j&j products). You can get it in boots, try a tube I think you'll really like it.

jangly Tue 11-Jan-05 12:31:43

I have tried all kinds of cream for my excema most of which made it worse - and were expensive. Now I use aqueous cream b.p. whenever an outbreak threatens and so far - no excema! Very cheap too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now