Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

condenser/tumble dryer recomendations please!

(12 Posts)
leahbump Wed 05-Jan-05 13:24:20

Our condenser died

So what do you think is good....the technition said tumble dryer is better as condensers were what he was called out to most often!

but I thought I'd ask the experts....or would we just be better off looking at a washer dryer???

just not sure!

Help!!

catgirl Wed 05-Jan-05 13:33:08

Not sure what a condesner is?? . We have a zanussi tumble dryer, bought over two years ago, our ds was in reusable nappies so has been heavily used in my opinion and is great. It is in our garage and we have one of those condenser boxes that you put the hose into. Used to have a washer/dryer - would not personally recommend for a drying option.

leahbump Wed 05-Jan-05 13:35:19

thanks- condenser has the condensing box as part of it...has a tank to empty!

am having to use disp nappies here for a few days whilst we fix the problem!!

does the condenser box really work...could I have one next to the dryer in the kitchen? Do you have to empty it often??

sorry more Q's!!

thanks

Bagpuss30 Wed 05-Jan-05 13:36:40

We have a Hotpoint Aquarius. It seems quite good and is very overworked at times!

HTH

popsycal Wed 05-Jan-05 13:37:14

i have had lots of good advice on MN about this recently....
the general summary is!!!!
That tumble driers 9the one with the hose) are better and more efficient (and cheaper) than condensers..
condensers are a lot better than they were though and arent so much of a pain to use a some think (apparetnly)
and the box things you buy to put on a normal tumble drier are rubbish

i bougth a hotpoint normal tumble drier yesterday

popsycal Wed 05-Jan-05 13:38:04

oh and washer dryers are rubbish - we had one til recently and my normal new washer dries clothes better than than drier bit of the washer/drier did!

coppertop Wed 05-Jan-05 13:41:40

Our tumble dryer is great. It just has a little drawer at the top that you pull out and then empty the water away. It takes less than 10 seconds to empty it, including the time waiting for the water to pour out. No hose needed.

catgirl Wed 05-Jan-05 13:41:55

the condenser box we use has two smaller boxes that are filled with ice (but our freezer is next to the dryer so no problem there!), although I think the new ones just use water. It is quite small and sits just in front of our dryer, about the same size as a box of photocoy paper - if that makes any sense at all.

leahbump Wed 05-Jan-05 14:00:00

coppertop that was what the one that just died was like .

thanks all think that I am gonna get a hotpoint one.

off to browse now

popsycal Wed 05-Jan-05 14:00:38

hotpoint aquarius one is good apparently - was recommned both the proper tumble and the condenser

woodpops Wed 05-Jan-05 14:00:44

I also have a Hotpoint Aquarius which is kept in the conservetory AKA playroom. I've been really chuffed with it. It doiesn't steam all the windows up and it doesn't make the conservetory feel damp eith which some condensers do. The tank holds quite alot of water as well

popsycal Wed 05-Jan-05 14:07:21

ditto woodpops abotu conservatory./aplyroom - we went for vented one and plan to stick tube out of window

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now