Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Them pesky Americans have too much time and money on their hands.......

(33 Posts)
BearintheBigBlueHouse Wed 05-Jan-05 11:58:35

Maybe I was at the loo whne this was discussed, but have you seen these also available are these to complete the outfit and check out the baby at the bottom of this picture in the full kit. Crazy. DS has never managed to hit me, although he did aim it right at his own open mouth though

NameChangingMancMidlander Wed 05-Jan-05 12:00:15

Eww.

WigWamBam Wed 05-Jan-05 12:00:30

<thunk>
(sound of jaw hitting desk).

Why?

woodpops Wed 05-Jan-05 12:03:20

OMG I've seen it all now.

coppertop Wed 05-Jan-05 12:08:10

OMG!

lowcalCOD Wed 05-Jan-05 12:12:21

lolol!

Tommy Wed 05-Jan-05 12:17:15

OMG

Socci Sat 05-Feb-05 15:08:48

Message withdrawn

IlanaK Sun 06-Feb-05 13:25:15

Not a joke - I saw the wee wee protector things on sale at the Baby Show at Olympia. ANd people were snapping them up! My husband just holds a flannel nearby "Just in case" when he chnges our son. And my son knows better than to wee on me

Gwenick Sun 06-Feb-05 14:11:19

We used to use a wad of tesco value tissues to place over DS2 when changing him - he never really wee-ed at us very often - but we decided not to take the risk after DS1 used to think it FUNNY (even at 18 months old) to wee at us........then we developed a method of partially removing the nappy, telling him to do a wee wee (while we held the nappy 'away' from him but close enough to 'catch' it) - strangely thought he didn't become potty trained until he was almost 3yrs old LOL

marj Sun 06-Feb-05 14:53:59

That is bizarre! I have never seen anything like that in my life. The poor child. He will want the ground to swallow him when he sees that photo in a few years time!!
My ds has caught me a couple of times, but not to the extent that I would kit him out in that!

marthamoo Sun 06-Feb-05 15:41:15

Oh for goodness' sake! It's only wee, FGS!

Joolstoo Sun 06-Feb-05 15:43:15

how can we judge when we put our babies in tellytubbies suits?!

Moomina Sun 06-Feb-05 15:44:29

Poor child. Looks like a demented mini-Superman.

marthamoo Sun 06-Feb-05 15:50:16

Speak for yourself, joolstoo!

expatinscotland Sun 06-Feb-05 16:44:43

'Them pesky Americans have too much time and money on their hands....... '

'Tell me about it!' as the expat Yank and soon-to-be naturalised Brit

ScummyMummy Sun 06-Feb-05 16:55:37

lol

Ameriscot2005 Sun 06-Feb-05 16:58:05

Having had 2 boys, I can count the number of fountains on one hand. They are pretty easy to avoid with the right strategy of nappy changing. And if you don't, what's a bit of baby-wee? I've been known to get some on my jeans and to ignore it...

JJ Sun 06-Feb-05 18:04:54

expatinscotland, is it hard to get naturalized here? We'd like to do that in a few years. As I understand it, you have to be here for 5 years and document every trip off the island over 2 days. Is that somewhat close to correct?

Back on topic: I never minded some pee on me, but thought the projectile diarrhea was a bit much to handle. blergh. The clothes are pretty cute, although in a 'one item on at time is almost too much' sort of way.

fisil Sun 06-Feb-05 18:12:36

OMG! I used to have ds on the mat for naked kicky play time every day armed with just a Tesco's value tissue. Was I supposed to worry about his little fountains?

Ameriscot2005 Sun 06-Feb-05 18:51:12

JJ,

You can naturalize after 3 years in the UK if married to a British citizen. If not, it's five years (including one year ILR). Time out of the UK can extend the qualifying period, but only if it is, IIRC, 3 months or more in the last year and 6 months or more in the earlier years. Unless you are married to a British citizen, you have to intend to live long term in the UK.

Full details from http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk

JJ Sun 06-Feb-05 19:24:58

Ameriscot, what is ILR? The three months in the previous year is very good to know as we spend 1 - 1 1/2 months in the US every year and could rack up the 3 months with visiting relatives and holidays. Actually, I don't know about that.. we only travel in school hols and don't always go somewhere and impose ourselves on someone, so we're probably ok.

Thanks!

Ameriscot2005 Sun 06-Feb-05 21:20:37

ILR = Indefinite leave to remain (aka permanent residence)

expatinscotland Sun 06-Feb-05 21:27:08

Thanks, Ameriscot, u da (wo)man!

Gwenick Sun 06-Feb-05 21:46:45

really only 3 yrs? Is that for people from any country??? I thought it was more than that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now