Talk

Advanced search

Keep fit dvd's

(17 Posts)
woodpops Tue 04-Jan-05 11:06:07

Ok new year and a whole new bunch of keep fit dvd's have been released by celebrities. I'm quite interested in Davina's one but haven't yet red any reviews on any of them. Has anyone else red anything or even got it, I'd be interested to hear what your thoughts are.

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 11:09:00

I've heard that the new Lorraine Kelly - Walk off the Pounds is fantastic, she lost 1 1/2 stone whilst making this, I have a couple of her other videos and really enjoy doing them. I also like Zoe Lucker - Little Black Dress - And Tracy Shaw's Salsacise.

Furball Tue 04-Jan-05 11:10:22

There's a similar thread Here

yoyo Tue 04-Jan-05 11:11:30

Didn't know LK had a new one. I also like her others and find that they do work amazingly well. Don't seem to get bored of them either. Just going to check price on Amazon...

MrsBigD Tue 04-Jan-05 11:14:15

or check out play.com

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 11:16:40

I paid 1.99 for one of Lorraine Kellys videos on Ebay, sometimes you can get them really really cheap, its worth keeping an eye out for videos that you like.

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 11:22:15

Yoyo, there is one going for 99p at the minute

Lorraine Kelly

MrsBigD Tue 04-Jan-05 11:23:14

bubbles... do I detect another ebay junkie?

woodpops Tue 04-Jan-05 11:24:03

So no one has actually tried the Davina one then??

I'll have a look into the lorraine Kelly ones though

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 11:25:40

You certainly do MrsBigD dh has just gone to the shop to get me the ebay magazine

Woodpops, I'll be trying the Davina one, she looks fab though doesnt she?

woodpops Tue 04-Jan-05 11:29:01

Yep, she certainly does look fab. I think I may go and buy it on my lunch.

woodpops Tue 04-Jan-05 11:41:04

Just found the Davina Power of 3 Dvd online at £12:95 icl delivery!!!!

yoyo Thu 06-Jan-05 20:07:32

Picked up the Davina DVD in Sains today (£13.99). Aim to peruse tonight and break a sweat tomorrow (DS only allowed me 3.5 hrs sleep last night so will be prostrate on sofa soon). I hate watching her usually so that will be a bit of a hurdle although I'll feel less guilty about swearing when the going gets tough.

Woodpops - has yours arrived yet and if so what is it like? (She looks amazing on the cover - will never have a stomach like that unfortunately.).

oooggs Fri 07-Jan-05 08:46:29

The Davina DVD is on ebay £10 with free P&P. Just in case you are interested. Is it any good??????

MrsBigD Sun 09-Jan-05 10:07:13

Hiya all... just been reading a Slimmer magazine and they did a review of
Lorraine Kelly's Walk of the Pounds

They say (DVD people): Based n power walking, this is something that anyone can do from home. Even if you're trying to shift post-baby weight, ou'll be able to fit in workouts as the little one naps

We say (that's the mag): There's a lot fo focus on good posture and techniique, and while the aerobics section is simple it does get you moving

Difficulty: You should be able to talk combfortably while you're following the moves, making it very accessible

Best for: Getting back into fitness after a break or a baby

So all I have to do now is actually start using it on top of doing my 12 minutes a day DVD as I've got it! Deadline I've set is Tuesday as dd won't be around.

Also compared my dh 12 minutes DVD with mine... those lazy sods only have to do 5 exercises and 4 stretches, whereas us ladies have to do 10 excercises!

bonniej Sun 09-Jan-05 10:09:12

can't believe this, I just posted about exercise dvds and then I see this thread!! You can tell its January with everyone wanting to get into shape for the New Year!!

MrsBigD Sun 09-Jan-05 11:42:29

with me it's actually not so much a 'new years resolution' as more a 'tired of feeling like a hippo'

I used to work out lots before dd, then a little whenever I could before ds and now I have to get back into the swing of things so various body parts don't flap as much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now